Still Struggling with Urges

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by brknsilence, Jul 16, 2016.

1. brknsilence

brknsilence Well-Known Member

Sad thing I learned is once I give into self harm the harder it gets to resist giving in. I gave into urges twice within a month. The urges are strong and fighting hard not to give into the urges again. Just hoping this doesn't get out of control again. Urges are there and still trying to resist. Cooking now and hope it's a good distraction.

2. SinisterKid

SinisterKid Safety & Support SF Supporter

After what happened with that kid the other night. My other friend seeminly on the verge of self destruction and you, fighting so hard to keep it all together, self harm is very appealing at the moment because it stops me thinking about you, her and him. The pain of the three of you combined is hard to bear right now, but I will always be here for you all and support you any way I can.

3. brknsilence

So sorry. Hugs

4. SinisterKid

No need to be, its my choice, no one forces me to do any of it, I do it because I can. Just sometimes, its hard, but not as hard as what the three of you are facing up to daily.

So I am ok with it and will continue with it and somehow, we will all come through.

iam likes this.
  5. brknsilence

I hope everyone is okay.

iam likes this.
  6. cren

cren Well-Known Member

sadly that's true.. that once you've started self-harming it's difficult to stop it.. i've even come to a point that i self-harm over very simple things.. that are probably easy to deal with for most people.. i've tried to stop.. and failed several times.. and even until now.. i still do it.. even after promising my friends that i won't..

7. brknsilence

I try distractions. So far, has helped. Will keep trying

8. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

How are you feeling today honey? I agree that distractions are the best thing but be careful as you know theres two of you to mind and look after :) Maybe take the kids to the park if the weather is nice or have a movie night for them with snacks, that would be a lot of fun. There's countless distractions, hope you are feeling more upbeat and positive today.

iam and brknsilence like this.
  9. brknsilence

Thanks

I'm okay this morning, just super tired. Hoping the day goes well. I got a lot going on today so hoping it helps keep me going and distracted.

At the Dr's office now. Hoping it goes well

iam likes this.
  10. Petal

Oh cool, glad you are feeling okay, please let us know how you got on at the doctors?:)

brknsilence and iam like this.
  11. brknsilence

Everything went well today at both appointments. So happy about it :)

iam and Petal like this.
  12. Petal

That is awesome news =)

iam and brknsilence like this.
  13. brknsilence

It is :) I got the Dr's permission to get a glucose meter ordered. She's going to check the insurance company.

iam likes this.
  14. SinisterKid

Its so good to get some positive news for a change. Over the moon that things went well and you are going to get the meter. Its wonderful to see you happy and smiling.

brknsilence and iam like this.
  15. brknsilence