Stilnoct (Ambien) reducing dosage!

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by Petal, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I'm feeling and doing much better now, I have asked my doctor today to take me off the stilnoct(ambien) and the smile on her face...I wish i had a picture of it lol She said she knew I could do this one day, she was soooo happy for me, I got a hug and all. It's an addictive drug and she is so proud of me for making the leap which she did not think I'd do. She reminded me that when I came off xanax, I never asked for it again. A truly great feeling.

She said I cannot come off it in one day, could have seizures she reduced it from 20 to 15. I am so happy and pleased with myself too. I also gave my doctor a hamper as a christmas gift and lovely earrings to the receptionist!!! Feeling so good, I wish I could share the happiness.

Currently on

Zyprexa 20mg
    Phenergan 150mg
    Stilnoct 15mg
    Tramadol 200mg
    Setraline 200mg
    Lexapro 2mg
    Lyrica 600mg

Steroids for a hormone deficiency

Yes I realize that is a LOT of medication. My memory is suffering as a result so I want to come off some of them slowly. Most of them are for anxiety as that is my main issue. So let's see how coming off of stilnoct will be. I will post updates here.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2014
  2. Petal

Memory is suffering greatly and I believe it is due to the stilnoct (ambien), which is why I asked to come off it. I.E I woke about 3 hours ago feeling like I'd just came down in the last shower, I had no memory, it still isn't fully back but as least I was able to pin the memory directly to the dose due to research I have done on the drug. The zyprexa is helping the anxiety but there are those days you can't fully get around the anxiety... anyway my q here was meant to be due to being on it a long time, about 3 years, what kind of side effects will I experience?

Edit... to be fair the memory loss is possibly the combination of the drugs, it's just ambien is known for its memory loss, i *think* it was in france they reduced the dose for females to 5mg b/c of the amnesia and driving etc... Think it was france, not 100 percent.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2014
  3. Petal

Memory is fully back now, took a good few hours, need to get off these and I will. I have strength and determination.
  4. AsphyxiateOnMisery

AsphyxiateOnMisery Well-Known Member

It could be the combination of everything like you said, but Ambien is definitely known for causing memory loss. I've taken 20mg of it before, and the next morning I could not recall what happened the night before for the life of me. But regardless, congratulations for coming off. It is very addictive, especially if you've been on it for a while.
  5. Petal

Thank you so much. It is very addictive you're right,but I need to get off some of them, today my memory is fine but most days it is fuzzy. Thanks for the support. :hug:
  6. Petal

I am now down to a dose of 10mg I am proud of myself :) My memory is still suffering the doctor said that's normal for the medications you are on, I just hope when I'm completely off it I will have my memory back. Cannot wait to be off a few of the meds :)
  7. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Congrats on getting where you are now.
  8. Petal

Thank you so much, it means a lot :hug: I do feel stronger for it!!
  9. Petal

Another week later, 5mg daily now woohoo, I am nearly off this drug after being on it years. I will be treating myself to something nice in another week when I can finally say I've done it, I got off this addictive drug.