stomach knots

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by razor2012, Jun 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. razor2012

razor2012 Active Member

Do you ever go to a party (before you've had a drink), or, a gathering where there is no booze, and you get that knot starting to form in your gut? Or, say at work or school, depending on your situation, you have to make a presentation, or speak in front of people, and you get another knot that grows as you count your turn to speak?
    It subtly creeps it's way into certain situations and prevents me from behaving normally. It makes me feel embarrassed and.....afraid of something. I'm obviously afraid of what others think of me. I've always been like that. My moods can be very affected by others and it's a curse. I don't mean everyone, just the people I hold value. But I obviously give value to people I don't know or I wouldn't feel like that in front of an audience.
    Can anyone recommend a technique to reduce anxiety which you found has helped you?

2. razor2012

razor2012 Active Member

Hey guys. Sorry to hog my own thread-space but I just stumbled across something on the web after writing the above. I listened to a bit of it and I think it might be EXACTLY what I need. It's got CDs and a workbook. I didn't know how similar anxiety and depression were until I came to this awesome forum and read some posts. The source I found maintains that 85% of people who have anxiety, also have depression. I'll follow this program for the next few weeks and post back. If anyone wants to know what is it I found it's from Lucinda Bassett. Take care xx.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.