Stoned? Substance abuse? Confused....

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by expressive_child, Jul 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. expressive_child

expressive_child Well-Known Member

I am not even sure if I should write this here but my curiosity tells me that I might as well just ask since I am confused and unsure. Actually, I have never tried drugs before and I don't think I ever will. I don't even smoke. The only addiction I really have is caffeine. I know its not a big deal, I mean many people drink coffee and other caffeinated beverage too but not everybody develops an addiction to it. The problem I have here is not caffeine actually. Its something I discover some time ago; I found a way to actually get myself make myself hallucinate without the use of any drugs or medicine. I am not sure if this is something very common because I really don't know much about drugs honestly, just that I happen to find out.

It is a combination of a few things e.g. a certain beverage and certain 'foods' which if taken together in a certain quantity, can actually produce some kind of hallucinatory effect and a certain mellow high feeling but not totally drifted from reality yet, just that it feels real good and I guess it kind of make me feel 'happy' and makes me imagine all sorts of thing. Things that makes makes me smile and I can even feel the feelings of something I have never experienced before or at least the kind of pleasure I perceive it to be. The effect does not last too long though and I can't really say its very addictive either because I have tried it only a few times so far.

I wish I can write down here the things I use to give myself that mellow high feeling or whatever but don't think its a good idea. So I was wondering, can this be considered as a form of substance abuse? I mean, all the things that I used to make myself hallucinate is actually legal. Does anyone else do this? Can I even consider this a way of getting myself stoned? This I am confused but I hope someone can enlighten me..

2. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

If they are normal foods/beverages then I would not worry too much about it...although I would like to know what you're eating :)

3. Isa

Isa Well-Known Member

sugar rush can be dangerous for your moods, (saying this as i dont know what kinds of drinks or food you mean)

But if your causing your brain to release chemicals into your brain by doing things to yourself, food drink or otherwise, I doubt its good for you.

But I dont know, in all honesty, hehe, ask a doctor Im afraid

xoxo

4. expressive_child

The thing is its not like pizza or fried chicken or what. Its something very artificial and contains high amount of preservatives, addditives and other chemicals which is not illegal. I mean, they are not natural. One of the ingredients is actually a kind of a very strong mint sweet and its available everywhere but of course not harmful if taken directly. But then its different with that combination of the other ingredients.

The thing is, I can be sure all the ingredients used are legal and would do no harm if taken separately. It does contain some sugar but not extremely high. Of course it also contains caffeine but its not the only think that gives that feeling. Oh yeah, I forgot to say that it has a very strong cooling effect too and so cooling, I can almost feel like my throat can actually cramp or something! Damn...really like that feeling...

5. expressive_child

The thing is its not like pizza or fried chicken or what. Its something very artificial and contains high amount of preservatives, addditives and other chemicals which is not illegal. I mean, they are not natural. One of the ingredients is actually a kind of a very strong mint sweet and its available everywhere but of course not harmful if taken directly. But then its different with that combination of the other ingredients.

The thing is, I can be sure all the ingredients used are legal and would do no harm if taken separately. It does contain some sugar but not extremely high. Of course it also contains caffeine but its not the only think that gives that feeling. Oh yeah, I forgot to say that it has a very strong cooling effect too and so cooling, I can almost feel like my throat can actually cramp or something! Damn...really like that feeling...

6. Isa

Isa Well-Known Member

I really don't know, your wise not to quote the ingredients as if harmful they would classify as a method, or maybe they would anyway, dont know...

But I dont know... cooling... hmmmmmm.........

Dont know, at all.

Cooling makes me think of tea tree oil and mint oils, as in, essential oils used in aromatherapy, but thats not an ingredient......

Ask your doctor hon, or maybe post in the letters to management, maybe one of them will know and be able to answer your question with all the facts without the rest of the forum knowing

7. expressive_child

Yeah. I wanted to list down the ingredients actually but I was afraid they will delete it. Well, I guess I have to try asking my doc then or get some advice from the pros. Thanks for your advice Isa. Really appreciate it. :hug:

8. Isa

Isa Well-Known Member

Sorry I couldnt be more helpful, but list all the ingredients in the 'letters to management' thread.

Then like 6 admins and you can read it and no one else, and you never know they might know <3

9. You are lucky that this works for you(combo of food). I think that it has something to do with the fact that you never used drugs(didn't you say that?).

I highly doubt it would work for everyone, so I don't see any problem with listing the items. I think if you don't list the quantity needed it would not classify as a method. I'm just curious though.

10. expressive_child

Maybe so, I mean, I hardly even drink alcohol (only got drunk once last year and ruin the Christmas party in my pet sister's house at the same time :tongue:). Maybe this combo won't work the same for everyone and maybe its won't work for others.

But I can't write down what the ingredients are either, because if someone knows it, it will be very easy to figure out the right quantity and the fact is, the higher the quantity, the higher you will feel. But I don't like the after effects though, feel so groggy and its like I can't even stand properly.

I don't think I will list it down, its too easy to figure out the amount you need to really get that mellow high feeling...

11. I completely forgot the lengths people will go to: people will just take large quantities of the combo. You are right not to list them. I suppose it would be a method and edited out by the mods.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.