Stood up for new years

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by melimorgue, Dec 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. melimorgue

melimorgue Member

I decided this was my last shot at dating someone. I have been seeing him for about 1 month. He cancelled new years plans with me. Nothing works for me. No one else is around. Damn me for thinking this year would be any different from the other 32. I can't connect. It's even harder to make connections when you have none. I started drinking. I just got a script of 120 dilaudid. I'm done with this shit.

2. windlepoons

windlepoons Well-Known Member

Please do not, melimargue. It is his loss.
    I understand the feeling of being unable to connect but please, do not give in.
    Maybe, just try to expand your social circle? This may help you find a decent man who would never stand you up like this.

3. melimorgue

melimorgue Member

There is no circle. I'm the circle. My life is a big circle that ends up in the same shitty spot everytime. That's the only consistency.

4. windlepoons

I am sorry.
    What do you enjoy, can you join a club or some such for people with similar interests?

5. melimorgue

melimorgue Member

I don't really have any interest in anything. I'm always the odd person in the group. people see it right away no matter how much I pretend. I dont really know anything about anything. fuck this shit. .

6. windlepoons

Sounds familiar...
    Have you thought that you might have Social Anxiety?

7. melimorgue

melimorgue Member

I'mscrewed beyond repar. i should have died yers ago

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

how much dilaudi will stop this

8. windlepoons

No you are not, you deserve help and I wish I knew how to do it.
    Please continue to post?

9. VALIS

VALIS Well-Known Member

I'm really sorry this happened to you. There are some years plans get cancelled, that's happened plenty of times for me too. The way it seems to me, if he cancelled out of the blue because he is an idiot and wanted to do something else, then yeah, you don't need people like that around you. And if it's just that something unforeseen happened and he had to break the plans, then this really is another situation where plans just didn't work out on New Years. Try to not see this in terms of making a pattern "this always happens... will always happen..." etc. Especially since you're already drinking, please try to stay here and now and keep getting some support until the feeling passes and you sober up. Find something to do so you're not alone. Find a buddy to chat with.

But it's just a f*&king holiday. Don't let it get to you.

10. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

I'm sorry that you got stood up. Screw him if he doesn't want to do something for new years! Don't let it get you too down hun. And know that I am here if you need someone okay? *hugs*

11. melimorgue

melimorgue Member

My life has been this way too long. It hasn't been getting any better. I think 32 years was enough. This isn't just a one night stand. This is how it goes all the time. People don't want to be around me. Not my family, no friends. I am totally disconnectyed.

12. windlepoons

The people on this forum want to know you. We want to help if we can.

Connect with us, who knows this time next yewar you could be the one helping others.

13. mrjones

mrjones Member

just like I would write .. I feel the same ... This site actually gives me some hope. I thought I was alone with this shit. Now I will give it 14 days to see if I can turn it around.

14. Brandt

Brandt Well-Known Member

The guy is clearly an idiot, any guy who would give up having a fun new years with a girl obviously doesn't have his head on straight.

15. melimorgue

melimorgue Member

He hasn't called or texted. I found out he was online on the dating site today. If he didn't want to go out with me anymore, why did he make plans, then break them, then not call? Why not just tell me. Instead I got to spend new years alone. again.

16. windlepoons

He sounds like a coward who did not feel able to be honest with you. I am sorry that that happened.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.