Stop eating sugar and chips+

Discussion in 'Self Care and Healthy Lifestyles' started by bjoern, Jul 28, 2008.

1. bjoern

bjoern Active Member

I have now stopped eating candy, chips, chocolate and I have stopped drinking coke and other soda's.

Its 10 months since I started, and I really can se my stomach retire a bit. I can also se a clear result in my skin, it is much cleaner now, and I feel MUCH better...

I recommend it to all of you!

From now on I HATE soda, and I HATE candy =D I love the taste, but have almost forgot it anyway xD

2. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

That's good. It's ok to have chips and sugar once in a while though if you want. Congrats anyways.

3. Starlite

Starlite Senior Member

I haven't drank soda in 4 years and don't miss it a bit. I still have chips occasionally and some chocolate.

4. The_8th_Wonder

The_8th_Wonder senior Member

I only drink soda when I go out to dinner. I used to drink soda at my house and have multiple sodas at dinner before fortunately my parents stepped in and didn't allow it. I'll have chips every once in a while usually at a BBQ but I rarely ever have them now.

5. Colourful

Colourful Well-Known Member

wow congrats! i have been meaning to do this since about a year ago? and here i am eating ice cream...i just can't stop myself, i NEED the sugar lol wish i could though, i admire people like you :(
    one thing i dont have is fizzy drinks (sodas) and i don't miss 'em. :)

6. SATANICAT

SATANICAT Member

It's good for your health to eat DARK chocolate, so don't completely give it up! Want to know more about it? Read here!
    Code:
    http://www.webmd.com/news/20040601/dark-chocolate-day-keeps-doctor-away

7. purplefizz

purplefizz Senior Member

Those are the staples in my diet...:unsure:

I hope I will eat healthier someday. I've heard that once you cut sugar out for a while, you don't miss it. It's addicting stuff. Moderation is the key though, if you can handle it.

8. bjoern

bjoern Active Member

Its been a year and a week today =)

9. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Yeah, I toured a prosthetics facility one day. I don't eat much fat or sugar now. You only have to see one person who -had their leg amputated- from eating poorly to improve your diet ;) [Diabetes]

10. Aww, good for you. I know that must have been extremely tough, because I've tried and failed many a time.

11. Puppy

Puppy Well-Known Member

That's great! ^-^

I don't think I'd ever be able to give up sweets though. Also, I'm cake's biggest fan :p
    I don't eat chips, and I very very VERY rarely drink fizzy pop.

But like SATANICAT says - a little bit of dark chocolate can be good for you ^-^ And like Mystic says - you can still eat those things once in a while. You've gotta treat yourself from time to time!

12. blueskyblues

blueskyblues Well-Known Member

i consume way too much dr pepper.

it is addictive, truly!

idk if i could ever give it up.

i don't eat a lot of chocolate or crisps though.

13. Sparklemama

Sparklemama Well-Known Member

Wow congrats!
    I drink soda wayyyyyyyyyy to much.I can probably drink about 6 glasses of soda a day maybe even more.I eat chips about twice a week and chocolate i cant even keep track but way to much.