Stop eating sugar and chips+

Discussion in 'Self Care and Healthy Lifestyles' started by bjoern, Jul 28, 2008.

1. bjoern

bjoern Active Member

I have now stopped eating candy, chips, chocolate and I have stopped drinking coke and other soda's.

Its 10 months since I started, and I really can se my stomach retire a bit. I can also se a clear result in my skin, it is much cleaner now, and I feel MUCH better...

I recommend it to all of you!

From now on I HATE soda, and I HATE candy =D I love the taste, but have almost forgot it anyway xD
  2. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

That's good. It's ok to have chips and sugar once in a while though if you want. Congrats anyways.
  3. Starlite

Starlite Senior Member

I haven't drank soda in 4 years and don't miss it a bit. I still have chips occasionally and some chocolate.
  4. The_8th_Wonder

The_8th_Wonder senior Member

I only drink soda when I go out to dinner. I used to drink soda at my house and have multiple sodas at dinner before fortunately my parents stepped in and didn't allow it. I'll have chips every once in a while usually at a BBQ but I rarely ever have them now.
  5. Colourful

Colourful Well-Known Member

wow congrats! i have been meaning to do this since about a year ago? and here i am eating ice cream...i just can't stop myself, i NEED the sugar lol wish i could though, i admire people like you :(
    one thing i dont have is fizzy drinks (sodas) and i don't miss 'em. :)

SATANICAT Member

It's good for your health to eat DARK chocolate, so don't completely give it up! Want to know more about it? Read here!
  7. purplefizz

purplefizz Senior Member

Those are the staples in my diet...:unsure:

I hope I will eat healthier someday. I've heard that once you cut sugar out for a while, you don't miss it. It's addicting stuff. Moderation is the key though, if you can handle it.
  8. bjoern

bjoern Active Member

Its been a year and a week today =)
  9. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Yeah, I toured a prosthetics facility one day. I don't eat much fat or sugar now. You only have to see one person who -had their leg amputated- from eating poorly to improve your diet ;) [Diabetes]
  10. Aww, good for you. I know that must have been extremely tough, because I've tried and failed many a time.
  11. Puppy

Puppy Well-Known Member

That's great! ^-^

I don't think I'd ever be able to give up sweets though. Also, I'm cake's biggest fan :p
    I don't eat chips, and I very very VERY rarely drink fizzy pop.

But like SATANICAT says - a little bit of dark chocolate can be good for you ^-^ And like Mystic says - you can still eat those things once in a while. You've gotta treat yourself from time to time!
  12. blueskyblues

blueskyblues Well-Known Member

i consume way too much dr pepper.

it is addictive, truly!

idk if i could ever give it up.

i don't eat a lot of chocolate or crisps though.
  13. Sparklemama

Sparklemama Well-Known Member

Wow congrats!
    I drink soda wayyyyyyyyyy to much.I can probably drink about 6 glasses of soda a day maybe even more.I eat chips about twice a week and chocolate i cant even keep track but way to much.