Stop hatred

Kira

•✮• SF Gelfling •✮•
SF Creative
SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Just after the outbreak i spent less and less time on all the websites/forums outside my country for obvious reasons.
Yes, though I'm in fear, SF is still a good place that I didn't feel the hatred i imagined here.
I'm so sorry, sweet Raven *hug10
It didn't even cross my mind that you may not feel safe here. No one blames the Chinese people - that's just insane.

Unfortunately, I've also heard of a lot of physical and verbal attacks toward our whole Asian Community here in Australia. It's pure ignorance and lack of intelligence really. I'm so sorry but please remember that you are safe here. We've got your back, hun *grouphug2 ox

Kira

•✮• SF Gelfling •✮•
SF Creative
SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Yeah, sorry about that, I think I may have kicked off a bit with my post back there.
No problem, Ash. It's very easy to do and I think we're all biting our tongues tbh *hug

Sassy Cat

SF hugger
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
No it’s me I got mad at two words I don’t think people should be calling groups of people ignorant actions and treating people poorly is ignorant *hug*grouphug2

Nick

☆☆Admin-tastic ☆☆
Safety & Support
SF Social Media
SF Artist
SF Supporter
People are raised in different cultures and different backgrounds. Unfortunately some people aren't taught hatred towards an entire group of people is not okay. What's happening here is people are scared and the enemy is silent and invisible. They need something they can see to blame, so they choose to blame an entire culture of same looking people (I phrase it that way because some targeted aren't even Chinese).

It's not okay and it's not right. For those subjected to the clear discrimination, I'm sorry that people aren't able to put blame where it belongs. Please understand that not everyone feels that way. In fact was SUPER excited last weekend I was finally able to get my favorite Chinese food :).

-Twilight-

Well I think blaming a country and blaming the people are two different things. I blame the country of China and the people in charge I don’t blame the people. I do not think it’s ignorant to blame them when you look at the facts
I kind of don't understand why you blame China, is it because people think the virus is caused by China? But there is even no exact evidences to prove where the virus originated, how can people say that? I think the ideas of blaming China it's just people's malices when we don't even know the exact situations. (I am just communicating, and I don't want arguments as well. You can also share what you think and we can talk about this topic and know better about what each other is thinking.)

-Twilight-

People are raised in different cultures and different backgrounds. Unfortunately some people aren't taught hatred towards an entire group of people is not okay. What's happening here is people are scared and the enemy is silent and invisible. They need something they can see to blame, so they choose to blame an entire culture of same looking people (I phrase it that way because some targeted aren't even Chinese).

It's not okay and it's not right. For those subjected to the clear discrimination, I'm sorry that people aren't able to put blame where it belongs. Please understand that not everyone feels that way. In fact was SUPER excited last weekend I was finally able to get my favorite Chinese food :).
Thank you all for standing for those innocent Chinese. I feel warmer because of you all. *grouphug2

-Twilight-

Well I think blaming a country and blaming the people are two different things. I blame the country of China and the people in charge I don’t blame the people. I do not think it’s ignorant to blame them when you look at the facts
I believe nobody meant to spread the virus and no country wants the virus be spread. And every country wants the virus disappears. We should stuck together to fight the battle against the virus instead of blaming each other. Yes, we should fight the VIRUS, not fight each other.

MosesY

Recovering Alcoholic
SF Supporter
I kind of don't understand why you blame China, is it because people think the virus is caused by China? But there is even no exact evidences to prove where the virus originated, how can people say that? I think the ideas of blaming China it's just people's malices when we don't even know the exact situations. (I am just communicating, and I don't want arguments as well. You can also share what you think and we can talk about this topic and know better about what each other is thinking.)
The American people are influenced greatly by the news programs on television. Most people believe what they see on the news and from their it is just a short trip to discriminate against China. I wish that everyone could just love each other.

-Twilight-

The American people are influenced greatly by the news programs on television. Most people believe what they see on the news and from their it is just a short trip to discriminate against China. I wish that everyone could just love each other.
Thank you and your understanding, which makes me feel better. Yes, I have the same wish too. *hug

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00