Stop judging me

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by ema, Jul 28, 2010.

1. ema

ema Antiquities Friend

You know what I can't stand? Being told that I don't care when I tell somebody I do care. When I say I care, I mean it.

I can't read every post every day. It's impossible. I'm not here 24/7.

And, even if I were, I have issues of my own, too, and can't always handle what other people have posted. They may trigger me and so I just can't read them or post a reply.

Stop telling me I don't really care. I do, or I wouldn't say so. I'm not a liar.

This hurts and irritates at the same time.
  2. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

I don't know if this has been prompted by that other thread, or other things, but remember that people have their own baggage and its important not to take general threads as a personal attack, because they aren't.

You're right, you can't read all the posts and reply to everyone and you also need to look after yourself.

Care is a subjective thing and means different things to different people. Also there are different types and levels of care. It may be what you see or feel as care is not what someone else sees care as or not what they need. That's ok, because everyone is different and we can only give what we give. It can lead to hurt, but when you're on a site full of hurting people, thatwill be exaccerbated.

Only give what you can. No one should be expected to support people, whether it be themselves that expects it or someone else.

Look after yourself.
  3. ema

ema Antiquities Friend

Thank you so much, scum. That means a lot.

Yeah, it was prompted by the other thread, and the fact that it just keeps coming up over and over, that's just one more thread. I feel like we're being constantly attacked here.

But, you're right, I can't take it personally. And I should stop reading certain things.

I appreciate your reply!
  4. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

I think care is always going to be an issue on a site like this. A lot of the problems people face do mean that people think people don't care, and any tiny bit of evidence that agrees with that reinforces it greatly. Its hard, but its natural.

Try to see it as a reflection on how bad things are for them, as opposed to anything personal about you.

You're welcome. Go easy on yourself.