Stop picking on the mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

lancashirelass

I would just like to say i think the mods do a great job and some ppl forget they are on here for the same reasons as us. I am a bit tired of some members being rude to or about them they are humans too so please stop giving them a hard time. They are there to make sure everyone is safe and to make sure ppl follow the rules. Keep up the good work guys :hug:

justMe7

:Jehuty:

We're all human :D There's justifiable responses and then theres just prodding because you can :rolleyes:

But er, um. Are we all having a group hug or debating this :tongue:

Oh but in anycase the mods most of the time do a great job :smile:. Well, from my own personal pov. But sommmetimes .. well like you said. They're human too :tongue:

Kaos General

When i write a LTM i dont know about anyone else but i sometimes get made to feel that i am being paranoid due to some of the responses i get

bhawk

the mods do get too much stick, while there have been times ive disagreed with decisions on things its good to remember they are unpaid and only trying to help and they are going through there own shit yet still come on here selflessly and help others with no benefit to themselves.

justMe7

its amazing how fast a positive thread can be turned into a negative one. makes me kind of sad :(
move it to the positive message forum then :D don't jump on peoples backs because they're offering an opposite sided opinon in a debate forum. I mean.. common lol But you are right, it is a nice thread :smile: which is why I was wondering if you wanted to truly debate it or not :P

move it to the positive message forum then :D don't jump on peoples backs because they're offering an opposite sided opinon in a debate forum. I mean.. common lol But you are right, it is a nice thread :smile: which is why I was wondering if you wanted to truly debate it or not :P
i didnt jump on anyone's back :( i thought i was entitled to an opinion just as everyone else appears to be. i will leave the thread alone and not contribute then. but i would like people to remember that if someone wrote a thread about almost any other subject and it got hijacked - we would delete posts. of course will not do so here as we would be accused of being biased. also if we launched attacks on members in a thread i do believe the members would be pretty disgruntled. but ok sorry - that was my opinion

Prinnctopher's Belt

Antiquities Friend
SF Supporter
Why is this posted in Soap Box then if y'all don't want to talk about it with both reinforcing and opposing views? Shit, that's what we do in the Soap Box, we get on the mofo soap box.

Prinnctopher's Belt

Antiquities Friend
SF Supporter
And a couple of y'all moderators need to be CHECKED. <mod edit: *sparkle* : rude> . Some of y'all start the conflicts, if not straight up instigate in them. So <mod eidt: *sparkle* rude> .

Last edited by a moderator:

justMe7

Oh yes you did sparkely :D You said it's amazing how quickly a nice thread can be changed to a negative thread, thus saying that by offering an objective opinon, you are adding to a negative aspect, thus being counterproductive, and in effect insulting the OP. That makes people feel uneasy about offering an objective view on the topic. The topic isn't that mods are nice, it's about the balance between their positiion and how they apply it. Posting a thread about mods opens the doors to looking at their actions, either in general or specifically.

If you want to talk about how lovely a job the mods do :smile: another forum is better for that. And believe me, I know they do a lovely job and are very very good most of the time. But unfortunatly, like any system with people at the helm, there are going to be situations where they over step the mark, mis-understand the situation, over-react, and ultimately make bad calls that affect individual people.

Am I nuts here or .. i mean common. Mods.. chat.. that's always a sore spot here. As it always will be considering most people just want to be individuals and dont like to be told what's right or wrong about how they express themselves :smile:

Kaos General

This wasn't meant to turn into a war i posted it to make a point that we are all on the same side and to respect the mods decisions.
Its not a war, you posted it in the soap box because i assumed you wanted a debate on this, its neither a positive or a negative thread its a neutral thread as its in the soap box

I think this is always gonna be a difficult discussion, because there's a lot of things to take into account. For the most part, I think the mods do a fab job. As it's been mentioned, they aren't paid, they all joined for the same reasons every one of us did, and they offer support to other members when they quite possibly are struggling themselves.

I think it's hard to understand how hard it must be to keep rules in place, protect all members as much as they can, when we are all here due to suicidal thoughts and mental illness. At times, there are certain areas that could be improved, but that is a way of life, it's the same in all aspects.. nothing is perfect. And I know for a fact that the mods are open to suggestions, thoughts, ideas etc, and take it into account. I don't think it is beneficial to anyone for there to be animosity. If there are problems, it is much better for them to be settled amicably, and constructively. So yeah, while there may be some points that can and should be improved, the mods do the best they can.

I think there can be a healthy debate and discussion without rudeness or pinpointing, or bringing the thread down. Sharing thoughts is different than being hostile.

Prinnctopher's Belt

Antiquities Friend
SF Supporter
i didnt jump on anyone's back :( i thought i was entitled to an opinion just as everyone else appears to be. i will leave the thread alone and not contribute then. but i would like people to remember that if someone wrote a thread about almost any other subject and it got hijacked - we would delete posts. of course will not do so here as we would be accused of being biased. also if we launched attacks on members in a thread i do believe the members would be pretty disgruntled. but ok sorry - that was my opinion
Well you removed my harmless opinion so you tell me who's entitled to an opinion and who isn't.

isn't it funny the people that cause problems on threads like this - i predicted it before anyone had even answered the 1st post in the thread. thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00