Stop punishing yourself!!

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Daphna, Jun 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

I too used to do this. I did it to feel alive, and to deal with life. In reality I was punishing myself for being a imperfect human being. Well guess what? The world is full of them, and they do not harm themselves this way. Why should you have to suffer? You don't. You deserve life, love,joy, happiness, and freedom from all those depressing thoughts!! I am free and I have all of these things. I wrote a post in SBox on how you can get where I am today too. I also want to invite all of you to be my friend. I am new here and I believe you can never have too many friends. +++Warning+++ CAN BE GOOFY AND UPBEAT+++
    Come join the land of the living! You are wanted and needed in life. And NO ONE deserves to suffer. Blessings..

2. ...this is a VERY smart post.

I punish myself all the time because I feel i'm 'not very smart at all'. And try to FORCE myself to have a strong dislike for things I normally just can't bring myself to disliking really at all....

What help is it to me?...it isn't really making me smarter. At all.

I need to be more like you. This topic is genious in my eyes...(for my situation, anyways. maybe not for others, but defenetly for mine...)

3. toffeekitten

toffeekitten Well-Known Member

I just found your post on Sbox.
    I do this too, I'm always punishing myself and putting myself down, because in my eyes I deserve it.
    Good post xxx

4. If this is due to bullies (much like with my own situation), you should try not to let them get to you...

In the end, they are the ones who are losers. You aren't. Soo show them just how tough you are by not giving in to they're foolish taunts! :D

...I need to start living by those words too. In this point, who cares what OTHERS say is smart or not...in my mind, I have my own world. My own 'demension'. A place that no-one else really has ANY effect over. I'm the alien, studying them, anyways. :p They don't NEED to understand how or why...or how I work. Soo, thus...try to remember that.

We're all our own Paranormal Investigators, or Zims, or Girs, or...just 'owners of our own world'. No bullies aloud! *slam's down mallet hard* 'Nuff said :p Court dismissed^^

5. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Great post Nicole. :smile: I think that too many people self harm as a way to punish themselves for being imperfect, even though no one is perfect. Some people do it to feel alive or feel pain, but there are so many other things that one could be doing than harming themself. I'm still trying to understand self harming, because it just seems so counterprodcutive to me.

6. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Thank you for the kind words people! Being human is being imperfect. When we grow and learn from our imperfectness we can grow to accept that we can never be perfect.Only then can we can grow to love ourselves, and then we can love others as well. Blessings..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.