Stopped Eating Again

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Aurora Gory Alice, Dec 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

Eating the equivalent of a piece of toast, an apple and a bowl of cereal everyday.
    Have been for a few days now and I've lost 7lbs. That's the problem.

I'm so overweight that when I do these things and I see results like that it's hard to stop. Last time I did this I lost a couple of stone and everything within me is telling me this is wrong and this is stupid but my waistline is telling me not to eat.

I don't know what to do.

2. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

omg too weird Patsy

The last couple of days my appetite is gone! I eat a small bowl of cereal at 7:30am and then i have a tiny dinner at like 5pm.

Im just not hungry. Dont know whats up with me, this has never happened before.

3. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

We're way too in sync.

Do you feel a little depressed the last few days also? Because that has made me not want to eat. And my stomach has shrank. I actually threw away half a sandwich yesterday, that is unheard of where I'm concerned!

4. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

ive been giving myself very lil dinner and im not even finishing that. My belly come lunchtime is crying for some food but i cant even stomach the thought of eating anything.

5. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

There are times when I don't want to eat much. It's not a problem for me because I have a lot of stored food around my waist.

I think eating too little is a problem when a person is underweight not when they are overweight like me. :)

I'm the kind of person that'll eat a small bowl of cereal for breakfast, half sandwich for lunch, and the other half for dinner. My husband comes along and cooks for me and I'll usually eat most of it. My dogs get what I can't eat.

The thing that bothers me is when I start eating all the goodies in the house and I can't stop. I don't buy them and I don't want them in the house but my husband and step daughter bring them home.

They ignore me on this subject.

6. Rayne

Rayne Well-Known Member

Linds - I'm sorry if this sounds harsh.. But you need to stop thinking like this.

I know it seems like you're getting results, but you are going to start eating everything you used to eat when your appetite is back. And you know what will happen then. You'll put all the weight back on.. maybe gain more than you had originally.

Sometimes your appetite dips a little. Thats fine. But understand that this isn't a good way to lose weight because it won't last.

Hope you feel better soon.
    :hug:

7. savetoniqht

savetoniqht Well-Known Member

Not eating for a few days and losing weight immediately will not help you... maybe for a few days, but like Rayne said it's not the way to lose weight. I'd say the worst thing that could happen from this is that you really will develop an eating disorder, because they start when you tell yourself "I'll only do this until I lose x amount of weight." But then you don't stop. Or you'll start eating again and lose it back. The only way to do it is just diet and exercise, then you avoid both options. Good luck, I hope things work out. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.