Stopped taking medication

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by aoeu, Nov 13, 2008.

1. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Well, I've stopped taking my anti-depressant, Zoloft. When on it, I sometimes feel good enough to want to live, so I can't kill myself while taking it. It doesn't make me feel good all the time, or even enough of the time to make me want to stay on this fucking world... Just enough to keep me alive.

So I've stopped taking it. I replaced it with alcohol. I hope I get the nerve up to off myself soon.

2. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

whats made you take such drastic action?
    stopping your meds cold isnt the way, you said that they work enough so why not carry on fighting with there help.

why not ask for something different from your doctor?

suicide isnt the answer here, you only have one life so i hope you will think again and keep on trying, dont give up. :hug:

3. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Everything's been a fucking disaster since Sunday. I've probably got 2 dozen threads started on the topic... I'm starting to take them again. Sarah's a persuasive friend.

4. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

glad that Sarah came over and changed your mind.
    i know alcohol is nice ( exception is rum ) but it will only make things worse for you and with the seizures then its a no no.

i know how things can become too much at times and we all make rash decisions in our despair but your not alone in this.

please be strong

5. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

What? Rum is freakin' awesome, even when I'm not suicidal.

6. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

is not :tongue:

7. Oak

Oak Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Glad Sarah convinced you to go back on your meds. I know its not the answer but the meds help, got to be patient till the illness comes under control. Try not to mix alcool and Zoloft,, its a real bad mixture :(

8. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I need to sleep. Alcohol puts me to sleep... Some days I just can't take consciousness.

9. Oak

Oak Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

hun if you have problems with sleep, it would be best to ask for something to your GP than falling into alcool. mixing alcool and medication can be deadly.
    be careful and go for laroxyl or somethig similar for sleep problems.

10. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Taking Remeron on that front. Still need alcohol some nights... [Remeron interacts with alcohol as well.] Alcohol was likely a factor in my seizure the other night, as well.

The love of my life is dating another guy, and "deadly" mixtures of drugs don't exactly scare me at this point.