Stopping Breathing

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by hillside_with_flowers, Jun 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I don't know if this is where this belongs, but, I like to lay quietly and stop breathing. I like the feeling and look of my still chest. Sometimes I open my eyes, sometimes I close them. Today, I looked out the window, and thought that I would like to die that way, looking out into the sun.

I don't know why I like this so much. I don't really want to die, not immediately, at least. I think I like the release from responsibility. If I'm not breathing, I don't need to do anything.

Has anyone had similar experiences?
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You are craving peace hun tranquility the silence around you you are not wanting death just peace i too often sit in the sun and wish i could pass in the warmth of it just a thought hun that all
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I too believe its the peacefulness attracting you to this Perhaps it's a coping mechanism too. :hug:
  4. dragonless

dragonless Well-Known Member

Your post reminded me of my search for "a still mind" when i studied zen buddhism. Not so very different between the breath of our lungs and the breath of our minds.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.