Stopping by to say hello

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by carebear32, Jul 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carebear32

carebear32 Well-Known Member

Hello. As my name says I am a fan of Care Bears since I was a child. I'm 32 years of age and live in South Africa. I've had depression since I was at least 15 and have been SI Since at least 17. I'm seeing a T once a week, but I don't feel she is helping me very much, in fact in the last 2 weeks I've been feeling very down and wanting to hurt myself again. The other cause for me being down at the moment is that I've been unempolyed for 11 months and finding a job seems impossible. I'm supposed to be on medication for my depression, but circumstances being what they are I can not afford to buy them at the moment.
  2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Hello carebear32 and welcome to SF. I like the Care Bears too, I can't think of specific names but they are cute. :) Sorry to hear you're having a down time, but I hope being on this site will help you. There are lots of caring people who are willing to listen and befriend you.
  3. triedtoomanytimes

triedtoomanytimes Well-Known Member

Morning carebear32, hope you're feeling somewhat better today. Take any chance you can to off-load, there's people out there who will do all they can.
    Be strong.

4. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF. I'm sorry about your situation. I hope you have better luck soon.
  5. carebear32

Thank you for the welcomes. I think it will be a while before I feel things are back on track. Other than depression I've been diagnosed with Social Anxiety Disorder, which explains my intense fear of people and confrontation. I have to comend the admin and everyone here for a really warm and caring website.
  6. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to SF carebear32. i am glad you chose to join us and seek out a little extra support. Does your doctor know of your difficulty in obtaining your medicine right now? Perhaps samples are available to you. Guess you won't know until you ask. I am not familiar with the medical system in South Africa. I am looking forward to seeing you more around the forum. Until then take care and stay safe :hug:
  7. carebear32

Thank you, GentleLady :hug: Yes, I have told my therapist. In fact, I told her that I may need to skip a few sessions to help pay for a month of my medications. She wasn't all that happy about it. Every day that goes by that I can't find a job just makes it worse.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.