Stopping for Stoptober

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by FrainBart, Oct 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrainBart

FrainBart Staff Alumni

I am giving up smokeing for stoptober... I've not had a smoke since yesterday evening 10pm. I have myself an electronic cigarette which I dont see lasting very long.
    Wish me luck in this... I want to see this through.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Best of luck hun i hope you do well hugs
  3. arrowpenny

arrowpenny Member

I started smoking while in a psych hospital for 3 months. What a stupid idea it was to start. I really hope it works for you, keep us informed. J
  4. FrainBart

FrainBart Staff Alumni

Thanks TE, and arrowpenny.
    Its not gone off to a good start. made 24 hours without a smoke. but got really stressed and caved in and sent bf to buy some baccy. Currently awaiting delivery of a re-useable electronic cigarette, but really upset and stressed at the moment...
    Giving up... is not going so well...
  5. FrainBart

FrainBart Staff Alumni

Off to a better start. not had a cigarette since thursday evening. Over 24 hours and still going strong. I may have the electronic cigarette, but I am not using it as much as I thought I would. I guess this nasty cold is adding some bonuses to the giving up aspect.
  6. Cariad_Bach

Cariad_Bach Staff Alumni

I had one on Wednesday, and I had one yesterday.. Otherwise, cold turkey.
    Days two and three seem to be the most difficult for me.
  7. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Cariad and Person keep fighting the enemy.. The more successes you have, the easier it will get.. You can both do this.. Chat room keeps the hands busy.. Keep talking here also.. Love you two..Jim

Think in about 5 days will be joining you.. You give me hope.. Thanks
  8. FrainBart

FrainBart Staff Alumni

Day 2.
    Not had many cravings, not using my e-cigarette as much, only to ease the cravings when they do come. I haven't had one since thursday evening stil, feeling really proud of mysef.

:hug: Cariad your doing really well :) you can stick throught it, each day is a win :)

:hug: Jim good luck, and hopefully you can join us in 5 days. Always easier to kick a hbit with another person to look to for support through it :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.