Stopping meds and stuff

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by *dilligaf*, May 1, 2008.

1. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Wow yeah,

So the othr day i forgot to take my anti depressants (citalopram 40mg) th next day i decided that i might not need them anymore so i'd stop them and see what happened :doh: (i know it was stupid)

Yesterday was the third day without them and i got REALLY badly triggered by a picture on facebook. then i went to bed and had a bad dream. (i usd t hav bad dreams about my nan passing away again, thought i had gotten rid of them but had one last night.) And i kept having thoughts about saving all my pills up...

Guess I still need them afterall :sad: :sad: :sad:

2. Beret

Beret Staff Alumni

Aww hun, how well do i know how it feels to forget the meds one or two days and thinking after you might not need them. i have quit taking my mood stabilizer and anti psychotic, trying to convince myself i dont need them and i deal with paranoia, flashbacks and severe depression now on a daily basis.
    Its not worth it :hug:
    Luv ya,
    Beret xx

3. Loco72

Loco72 Well-Known Member

I forgot my meds one time when we went campingfor a long weekend, I thought I would be fine. Needless to say I was a mess by the end of the weekend and ended up causing the relationship I was in to fail. I will never make that mistake again.