stopping meds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LotusFlower

Antiquities Friend
What are the consequences of stopping your meds cold turkey? I stopped all my meds but one last night I feel fine today. But am wondering I take zopiclone, Seroquel XR, Perphenazine, Trazodone, Citalopram, and Quetiapine. Just wondering if anyone has done this and what there experiences were. I can’t afford my medication it is 300 plus a month. And I am at the point of why take them if they don’t work. My mood is still extremely low. I have been on them for years now, if they were going to work don't you think they would have?

Bambi

for some reason giving this kind of advice is like giving methods to me..those drugs are to save your life..the best person to ask this to is your doctor

WildCherry

Owner Emeritus
Agreed. Stopping your meds cold turkey is probably not a good idea. You may feel fine now, but I've heard people that have some pretty rough side effects from doing it this way. My suggestion would be to talk to your doctor.

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
No No NO not a good idea none of these meds can be stopped cold turkey they all have to be weaned off and some should not be stopped obviously as they keep your mind working properly. If you cannot afford medication tell your doctor they have samples sometimes in the office that they can give you. Go talk with your doctor before something serious happens.

bluegrey

Antiquities Friend
Most psychiatric medications are best tapered off of. It also depends on your diagnosis- if you have a disorder that includes psychosis you are really playing Russian Roulette. My mother is schizo affective and she always ends up psychotic, destructive and picked up by the police when she adjusts her medication regimen without her doctor's supervision.

Please let your doctor know what you are doing, OK? :console:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00