stopping the refer...

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by FoReVeR LoSt, Dec 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FoReVeR LoSt

FoReVeR LoSt Well-Known Member

Ever since i've started smoking pot heavely(sp) in June of 2007, i've noticed that i'm a bit more relaxed, yes, but i think i'm losing my mind...

I'm scared to stop it too...will there be withdrawl? and how i will react...

I was just wondering if anyone could be me some insight on the matter, it would be much appreciated...thank you

2. neverdie

neverdie Guest

If your smoking a lot, like one would smoke cigarettes, then yes there will be withdrawl, which include shaking, throwing up and yes the urge to smoke will be strong, however, if you smoke less then 1 or 2 joints or pipe fulls a day, there will be NO withdrawl symtoms. Hope this helps

3. mad hatter

mad hatter Active Member

stop while you can
    most of my mates myself included have been smoking it for 7-8 years
    i know i could quit but its easier not to

4. WhyMeWhy

WhyMeWhy Well-Known Member

I never found physical withdrawals to stopping-not even with chronic. The mental withdrawal however :nerves: & I'd suggest seeing a doctor to get a mild sedative, take it in small amounts-PRN style-and slowly ween yourself off that. I'd never think of stopping marijuana, there are far to many positive benefits, I see it as the best drug out there. It's been a long time, and I'm still dying for some. You sir, are a stronger man than I. :yes:

5. zetaf

zetaf Well-Known Member

You can stop. It's not that bad. I never have withdrawal symptoms no matter how much I smoke. You aren't going crazy either. Marijuana just makes people paranoid sometimes. If you quit for a few months you'll feel better about yourself and your fears will likely go away. Not to mention you'll be able to pass drug tests and save some cash.

6. Alastair

Alastair Well-Known Member

where did you hear that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.