storm and a half

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry

Antiquities Friend
Staff Alumni
Wow we just got hit with the storm of the century
(here in sunny Wales <<< sarcasm people). :laugh:

Thought I'd only be gone 15 mins, just to close all the windows; when bam all the lights went out, tv off etc. Power cables down on the other side of the river and trees blown over. Was really scary there for a while.

Lights are back on, but keep going off every few minutes and the wind is something else.
Another village about 11 miles away, got hit by a tornado this week (yep a tornado in the UK), just hope we're not going to have one.:ohmy:

S

StarFish

Wow hun. You sure you're okay? That's so wierd...a tornado in Wales of all places...was anybody hurt? If I'm not being too presumptious...I Wish I could come and sit it out with you. We could snuggle under blankets on the sofa in our pj's, drink hot chocolate and watch old episodes of Fawlty Towers.

BASIL...BASSSILLLL!

...oh yeah...while Lemming tries to kill himself again:biggrin: That cat needs an intervention:dry:

Terry

Antiquities Friend
Staff Alumni
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: cracked me up Star, not withstanding the fact that my bedroom window is GONE !!!!!

Wind has finally died down and now we're being regaled by a herd of elephants pissing on the roof (torrential rain for those who didnt get the analogy). Ah the wonderful world of Wales.. Rugby, leaks, sheepshaggers and now tornados :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Terry

Antiquities Friend
Staff Alumni
It had a plus tho, my window got blown out and I have a dishy hunk fixing it at the moment :laugh: :wootrock: :drool2: :drool2: :drool2: :drool2: :drool2: :drool2:

S

StarFish

Hey hunk eh? That can't be bad...huh? Lol.

Seriously though Dev. I'm glad you're okay. That's pretty bad, your window being blown out.

Keep safe okay?:smile:

Jenny

Staff Alumni
Ooh once you're finished with the dishy hunk please send him on down to Surrey.. my window in my bedroom *cough* needs fixing

Well who'd have thought it eh.. Cyrmu am byth and all that

:flowers:

Terry

Antiquities Friend
Staff Alumni
Too late Jen have locked him in my wardrobe (he aint getting out) and for tonight I have a little surprise for him ......" oh hun" :whip: :hysterica

L

lost soul

Thats sounds really bad, the tornado bit, but the hunk, well.....

I am hoping,(for the hunk)

we have a tree through our front door today. and another that just missed our kitchen window.

The outdoor toys, well I am gonna have to find them. It was so bad last night.

Terry

Antiquities Friend
Staff Alumni
What's with the British weather at the moment Lost??? Last night we had winds up to 80 miles an hour, felt like I was in Dorothy's house in Kansas " IT'S A TWISTER. IT'S A TWISTER " !!!! :laugh: :laugh:

Hope you didn't sustain too much damage. Our garden is a wreck this morning and most of the village looks like we had one hell of a party. :laugh: :laugh:

L

lost soul

We now have a new front door, new guttering, need a new aerial on out roof and need a tiler as we have lost about 10-15 slates.

it is freezing here though as we havent had a front door half the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00