strained?

Discussion in 'Self Care and Healthy Lifestyles' started by DonDen, Jul 13, 2011.

1. DonDen

DonDen Active Member

Im not sure what happened today. It might have been from lack of eating. But I lifted a manifold up (weighs about 75ish lbs/34kg) and stared to see stars and my head started hurting, like there was pressure on it. Anyone know what happened?

2. English is not my first language so I can't visualize you lifting a manifold, I'm not even sure what that is in this context, but... how did you lift it? When I lift something from the floor to a level above my head, as I'm rising, my vision turns black and everything starts spinning for a moment... they told me it was because of low blood pressure... but I don't know, it doesn't happen every time, and it isn't causing me much problems.

Perhaps someone with a better medical background can give you a better answer... I just thought these 2 cases might be related. :)

3. DonDen

DonDen Active Member

yeah everything helps. A manifold is part of a transmission. I work at John deere I disassemble tractor transmissions. It was on the floor I had to lift it to mid section. It didn't get dark, I just saw little stars(best way to describe it) like when you get blinded by a light, and see the light for a few seconds. except they were little and a bunch at least 20 little spots.

4. I'm_trying

I'm_trying Active Member

It was most definitely from a lack of eating. When someone does extensive work they may not be used to and there body needs to adjust they need to be healthy.

As you know eating provides energy. Less eating does mean lower blood pressure to the brain. "Orthostatic hypotension is brought on by a sudden change in body position, most often when shifting from lying down to standing. This type of hypotension usually lasts only a few seconds or minutes. If this type of hypotension occurs after eating, it is called postprandial orthostatic hypotension"

In the future if you're doing something active I recommend eating and actually everyday I recommend eating!

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0004536/

5. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

Its from the rise in blood pressure, sometimes you'll bust blood vessels in your face as well. Be careful though as you can black out if you keep pushing at that point. Nothing to worry about though as long as you are healthy.

6. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

best thing to do is talk to your doctor about it..