Strange as this is...

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Dubstepper, Jun 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dubstepper

Dubstepper Staff Alumni

Ok, (why do i always start with 'ok'?)

I'm a christian, as im sure is completely relevant to this story. So, this is gonna be interesting, i was named by my mom for the archangel Michael. Lately since i've been getting deeper into the religion side of life, i've become more aware if you will, of my connection with this higher angel.
    Like, for example, when i attend church, and we get into praise and worship, and when i get really into just believing, and feeling, i get this feeling of worrying that i have wings and im afraid of hitting someone with them, and i dont hold my hands down, per say... more like as if you were resting your hands on top of a sword hilt... and it seriously feels as if there is one there. I dont know if i could be considered loopy for this, or if this is valid, but i spoke with one of my pastor's diciples, and he told me that this is very possible.

The story of Michael is like this.... as far as i know..
    Michael takes the worship of God and forms his sword and shield with it. That becomes the defences of heaven, so that when there comes a time for the second War, he is more than ready. He pushes back the devil (satan, whatever you know of him as, no offense to satanic believers, i swear) to prevent him from coming into heaven, or even stepping onto the stairway.
    I've noticed that I help take the negativity from people and replace it with happiness. My pastor wants to talk with me about this, so I'm sure it's worth something...

My question is... am i even thinking straight? :blink:
  2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Does this way of thinking make you happy/contented and guide you to be a good person? I think that is what the test of a working theory for life has to satisfy...J
  3. Dubstepper

Dubstepper Staff Alumni

yeah, it makes me happy. so, im valid in assuming that this is ok?
  4. max0718

max0718 Well-Known Member

Hey Mikel,

Just before I say anything further, I am a former Christian and now an agnostic atheist, so feel free to ignore my advice if you wish.

I agree with Sadeyes in that if it makes you happy, and it doesn't hurt anyone (yourself included) then I don't think you should feel guilty or bad about it. But the fact that your on this forum suggests to me that you at sometime suffered, or are still suffering from a mental illness. If that is the case, and the feelings begin to manifest itself more physically (hallucinations/ delusions etc. ) , get yourself checked out immediately. I would get myself checked out anyway now, because if you are suffering from bipolar disorder or schizophrenia or something similar, you won't want to get help when your worse. Don't feel guilty if this does turn out to be false. That doesn't have to reflect negatively on you faith. So in short, just keep the possibility that its all in your head open.

Anyway, all the best!

5. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

I think as long as this doesn't hurt anyone, and you're happy to do it go for it :) Always worth a try if noone will get hurt i say. Good luck :hug:
  6. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I'm not a christian so I don't know alot about it. But you sound as if your faith is strong so I say go for it.. Talk to your pastor and see what he has to say..Your not hurting anyone by having these thoughts..
  7. Dubstepper

Dubstepper Staff Alumni

that was kinda insulting, thanks... i know that i HAD borderline personality disorder. im getting over it.. but thanks for insulting my mental state...
  8. reefer madness

reefer madness Account Closed

Sounds loopy to me since I'm atheist, but whatever floats your boat.
  9. confuzzle

confuzzle Well-Known Member

I don't think that Max was trying to be insulting, just advising to err on the side of caution. While i have never had an experience like you describe, this post has reminded me of something. Being raised Christian, I would see people getting really into their faith, and that was a good feeling to see.
    However, I would remind you that Lucifer was the angel of light, so keep that in mind if you are questioning your mental state.
  10. Dubstepper

Dubstepper Staff Alumni

angel of light, yes.. but not the angel of protection and war

btw.. stop saying im questionng my mental state. im merely asking opinions..
  11. max0718

max0718 Well-Known Member

Hey platinum,

I am very sorry, I really didn't mean to be insulting. There are a lot of people on here with a wide variety of mental problems (it is a suicide forum..), which sometimes include delusions and hallucinations. If your not one of them, then I apologize. You did however ask for an opinion on whether you are thinking straight and this was all I was trying to do. Disregarding all mental problems then, I really cannot help you as I said - I am an atheist.

Best of luck to you. Hope you find the answer you're looking for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.