strange aura reading

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Aleth, Apr 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aleth

Aleth Well-Known Member

I had a strange experience this morning walking down the main street of town this Indian guru type guy came up to me and decided to give me an impromptu "reading of my aura." It was really wierd because he everything he said was spot on, down to my exact feelings, and that I had been suffering deeply for the last three years, and then went on to tell me what I needed to be ok.

It kind of freaked me out that I was wearing my pain on my sleave so obviously that anyone could just glance at me on the street and know.

I know he was just fishing for members or something for his group or whatever, and saw me as an easy target because I look tired, stressed and emotionally vulnerable. So I just brushed him off before he got that far.

It was also strange because today was the day I had decided to try to kill myself. But I was not feeling quite ready yet when today came around, and had already decided to put it off for another week.

Sorry, this post is no doubt rather pointless, but I'm feeling particularly agitated right now and felt like talking, even if to no one in particular.

2. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I was going to write you a reply but thought about it and decided you would just think I was crazy so I just want you to know that I read your thread and I hope you seek professional help.. You can't deal with these issues on your own.. Good luck!!!

3. soliloquise

soliloquise Well-Known Member

there is a lot i can say to this.. but again not sure i should... lots about it on google tho...

i agree with stranger ( joseph ).. please get some support for you x

4. Aleth

Aleth Well-Known Member

Well, I hope you don't get the impression I'm imagining wierd little Indian gurus walking up to me!

It was just a regular looking Indian guy, early 30s I think, who came up to me on the street and starting talking to me about my "troubled" aura, presumably as some sales pitch to join his group or something. These sorts of neo-Buddhist groups are all the rage in Holland at the moment, so I suppose its not that unusual.

It was just weird to have someone read me like an open book. I found it pretty intrusive and a little disturbing actually.

Yeah, I wouldn't usually listen to some stranger who came up to me out of the blue at all, at least not in my home city. But I'm living in a small Dutch town at the moment, so you have to do the polite thing.

5. soliloquise

no of course not :D i meant for the latter part of yer post :p
    i like indian guys that talk about auras meself...

6. Aleth

Aleth Well-Known Member

Oh that. I don't think I have a choice any more. Its probably the right decision. But still, I feel a deep sense of regret. Its sad that life hasn't turned out better.

7. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

maybe give you something to think about for a while
    very cool! :heart:

8. soliloquise

there is always choice and hope no matter how it may seem...
    pleas consider it?

9. Aleth

Aleth Well-Known Member

Past is prelude. Barring a miracle I very much doubt anything would change, no matter how long I slug it out for.

I'm curious. "Lots about it on google"??

10. soliloquise

have a read on the aura.. especially from a hindu perspective... and also the chakras..

11. Aleth

Aleth Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, he said something about chakras, but I didn't know what he was going on about.
    When I asked him why he approached me, he said he "knew me in a past life."

I've no idea what he really wanted -- I just assumed it was some of sort of predatory cult group which targets vulnerable people promising them friendship and the like, as some of those evangelical Christian ones do.
    Then again, it might just have been some strange sort of pick-up line.

The one thing that stuck in my mind though is he said that I just need to be surrounded by good people. That struck a chord.

Anyway, it was an oddly timed encounter. I'm in the middle of planning my suicide, and a stranger comes up to me on the street like that, essentially saying he'll make everything better for me.

12. soliloquise

nah sounds like a typical hindu dude to me.. spiritual people some hindus are. no cult.. because hindus believe that all religions and paths are valid, there is no one way like christians say and neither do they condemn in the way christians do... hindus ar not interested in converting anyone because of this.
    enjoy the experience i would say.. happens a lot here but then there is an ashram down the road.

maybe it was the universe's way of making you rethink your plans?

13. Aleth

Aleth Well-Known Member

Perhaps. Maybe I've just become too jaded. I don't trust anyone anymore.

On Tuesday I caught the train to a small town nearby. I wanted to see the house where I stayed with my father when I met him for the first time aged 17. Its a strange sensation to revisit a place like that. I was surprised how easily it brought memories flooding back like it was just yesterday. It brought tears to my eyes walking by as I remembered the hurt of being rejected. I had a complete emotional breakdown after I returned home to New Zealand after that. By itself I could have coped with it, but it happened at the end of three very rough years, and it was the thing that broke the camels back so to speak.

14. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Arron,
    I ment no disrespect..When I told you you would think me crazy.. I follow Native American beleifs And beleive in the spirit world and I also beleive we are reincarnated until we find the meaning of life.. I don't talk about this much because I have had others here think I am a whack job..I also beleive that shaumans can read you like an open book and tell you about your past..
    Maybe this guy truly beleives he knew you, Don't be to quick to dismiss what he told you!! Take Care!!

15. prelon

prelon Member

Hey,

It happens to me all the time, but they're not psychic indians, they're just ANY stranger that has a big mouth. It's now got to the point where i just expect some stranger to say something. And it's always the same fcking thing....

"Smile" "Smile" "Smile"

If i felt like fkin smiling i would be...but they don't seem to understand that obvious fact.

16. Aleth

Aleth Well-Known Member

Yes, I don't believe in auras and the like, myself. Some people are just good at reading people's faces and body language.

I have started noticing alot when walking through town I'll glance at a passerby and find them staring at me. Then I think, oh my god, I must look wierd or something, then just dismiss it as a bit of nonsense paranoia.

But after someone actually approaches me like that and told me I have a very strong aura, it seems I must be bleeding emotions. I never was any good at hiding my feelings behind a poker face, but to know that even some strangers are picking up my misery makes me feel extremely uncomfortable.

17. prelon

prelon Member

Yeah i understand exactly what your saying. It's anxiety... when you look at them to see if they're looking at you and then they look at you and you wonder why.

But unfortunately it's true that, in general, people don't need to be Really Good at reading others faces or body language to see that they are unhappy, people can read people with little effort, especially those who are suffering extreme emotional turmoil, because it is visable, and as you know you can only hide it so much with a poker face.

I sometimes wish i could hide it, just so i don't have any stanger telling me to cheer up etc. But to be honest i think that if you are to feel comfortable walking about town, you have to be comfortable with the fact that you feel miserable. Which is one of the hardest things to do because society is putting so much pressure on you to smile smile smile....even when things are at there worst for you the stranger always says...smile smile smile.

The longer i feel miserable the more comfortable i become with being miserable in public, because i can't help it, it's not like it's a choice. we're only human, not machines that just function the way others have tried to programme us to.

Still, people are annoying when they point the misery out to you as if you don't already know it, maybe in some sadistic way it makes them feel better, because it sure makes us feel worse.

Sorry... i didn't intend on making this post a rant lol. But just so you know, i can relate.

18. sudut

sudut Well-Known Member

that is strange.

19. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

That is something very interesting that happened to you, especially on the day you wanted to kill yourself.
    I am Indian myself and a Hindu, but not a devout follower but I know a Hindu priest in my area. Now after reading your story, I feel I should have him read my aura and see what he can find and how accurate he is.

20. Aleth

Aleth Well-Known Member

I smile anyway, more out of habit than anything else, even in shops just talking to the clerk. But these days it probably just comes out as a sad echo of a smile.
    Oh, a few people are definitely looking at me a bit too intently, perhaps not quite staring, but enough to be noticeable and irritating. I'm not really that surprised, some stupid Dutch people are pretty rude like that, they are not the most subtle of peoples.

Yes, I think you might find it interesting. They seem to hone their ability to read the emotions and psychological state of people, and get to the heart of the matter. Whether you believe in auras or just regard it as a more ordinary skill of reading the history of our emotions drawn on our face, it can be quite enlightening.
    Personally I didn't hear anything that I didn't already know, but it was curious to have someone read me so easily with such accurate perception.

And being so close on the edge of suicide I was looking for a sign, to know if I'm fated to die now or not. Although for me things like fate and signs are just a mystical fantasy, nothing I really truly believe in. I think I want to find meanings and reason to it all, life, death, suffering, when there just are none.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.