Strange, bad headache on my upper left part of my head

Discussion in 'Self Care and Healthy Lifestyles' started by Hae-Gi, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

Recently, like a few months back, I've started getting a strange, bad headache, on my upper left part of my head. It feels nothing like a normal headache; it doesn't throb like a normal one, but just hurts. It feels like something is pushing inside my head.

I have a problem with dust, and use to shake my clothes and head, to get it off. Could it be, this has caused bleeding? It's not like I shake it violently. I was outside, yesterday, and as always in the summer, there are lots of insects, so whenever I feel it's likely, I've got insects into my hair, I shake my head. Not all the time; just every now and then. Could this have caused me to get injuries inside my head? Alternately, does it sound like a brain tumour? However, I've heard you tend to faint with those, and I've never done that.

2. Bostonensis

Bostonensis Guest

Not a chance to hurt your head that way. The skull is a very compact bone compare to others it requires a blow of 25 psi in order to penetrate the brain. If you think its a tumor better get an mri. I use to get a lot of headaches also & I still do ,am straining my neck mucles & loss balance around that area.Active,conscious relaxation beats some .Wear a little bit of sand inside your shoes you will notice the balancing part.Sand not peebles.

3. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

Hey there, sorry, I only just seen this thread, do you still get the headaches? I doubt it's a brain tumour or anything of the sort but I'm no medical professional. A persistent bad headache is something that should be checked out regardless.

4. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

I haven't had it much at all, since starting this thread... odd, since I used to have it quite a lot, before writing my post. Maybe it has to do with me being more careful, when shaking my head, although according to Bostonensis, this shouldn't matter. Maybe it's my pollen allergy? I'm not sure if I've had it, before the pollen season. Since I've barely been outside at all, since starting this thread, that could explain why I haven't had that type of headache. However, during instances when I basically have been completely sure, my headaches have been caused, due to pollen, my headaches have felt like those you get when you have the flu; normal, throbbing ones. Perhaps it also could be, the shaking of my head, causes an early stage of a future stroke, to be put under pressure.

I guess if it comes back, I should have a brain scan done... however, I cannot imagine having brain surgery done; what if they do something wrong, and make me retarded? Or if they have dirt come inside my head? Maybe some small insect would get inside, even. I guess I'd just have to die, if it would be a brain tumour.

5. expressive_child

expressive_child Well-Known Member

Well, actually I usually have headaches on my left side too. Sometimes I wonder thats the cause actually but there are times I think I might be lacking of some kind of nutrient or so. I don't know, since I don't take vitamins. Not sure if I need to do a scan or anything.