Strange dream that scared me senseless..

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by MistyMaisy, Oct 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MistyMaisy

MistyMaisy Well-Known Member

During last last summer, I think.. I had a dream that the house was on fire when I woke up, so I ran to my parent's bedroom, but right as I was about two meters away the door opened and a cracked and broken body fell out, like it was made of clay being smashed..
    Then I had another dream about the same girl. I was standing in this silvery room and she was standing in front of me, still cracked and broken, with a tear rolling down her face. I went to touch her but as soon as I did she fell apart and broke right in front of me.. I woke up really scared both times. o.o Ever since then I've tried to interpret my dreams that I have (I don't remember many) but I was never able to interpret that one. I think they're strange and scary but interesting. o:

2. Obnoxiously_Pretentious

Obnoxiously_Pretentious Active Member

Do you know who the girl in your dream is or is she just a figment of your dream? Anyway, my guess is that there is someone in your life that you care for deeply that is experiencing great hardship. You want to help, but you're afraid that if you try, you'll only make the situation worse.

3. johnnysays

johnnysays Well-Known Member

Your dream made me laugh. Sorry. I laughed because it's like you worry so much about failing that you simply walk into a building and everyone screams you outside! That's ridiculous but nonetheless funny to me for some reason.

I do not know for sure. I think it's a cliche to conclude that you're somehow afraid of breaking people or seeing them fall apart. Maybe there is meaning in that but I want to give an alternative. I think seeing people as a clay figure or as something other than what you expect scared you. This kind of reminds me of when I was a kid. Whenever I saw those autopilots in Airplane! it always creeped me out! I don't know what it was about them, but they belonged in a horror movie not a comedy!

This is meant to be comedy, but stuff like this was scary back then:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxcoe1Y2Ua8

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2011
  4. Dreamland

Dreamland Well-Known Member

It might be as simple as that your brain pulled out some images that said "sad" to you and threw them at you to get you to pay attention to your emotions. Whatever the case, I think it's fair to say it's important that you examine the emotions the dream caused whether you know what it's about or not. When you see a recurring character or theme, maybe it's because those feelings are on your mind and not being dealt with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.