Strange Facts about the Human Body... Which one is hardest to believe?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by boo, Mar 5, 2010.

?

Strange Facts about the Human Body... Which one is hardest to believe?

1. One quarter of the bones in your body are in your feet.

4 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. Like fingerprints, everyone's tongue print is different.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Fingernails grow nearly 4 times faster than toenails.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Right handed people live, on average, nine years longer than left-handed people.

11 vote(s)
    30.6%
  5. Women blink nearly twice as much as men.

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  6. Babies are born with 300 bones, but by adulthood we have only 206 in our bodies.

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  7. 85% of your brain is water

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. The average duration of sexual intercourse for humans is 2 minutes.

11 vote(s)
    30.6%
  9. In the course of a lifetime the average person will grow 2 Metres of nose hair.

8 vote(s)
    22.2%
  10. Most dust particles in your house are made from dead skin.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Strange Facts about the Human Body... Which one is hardest to believe? :unsure:

2. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I checked off duration of sexual intercourse? I cant believe that applies to me. Has to be only him!!!! (lol). Cant remember the exact length but how long the human intestine is. Man that's a lot of shit!!!!! Wow, mind boggling.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2010
  3. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Could you add to the poll..... that on average Boo makes 241 polls a day? Kidding Boo really just kidding. I like your obsession.

4. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

they r all pretty believeable i think...altho the nose hair one is pretty interesting

5. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

lol I was considering doing a poll about boo's poll habit.

6. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

Do it! :D no offence Boo, I do like your polls

7. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I'm surprised about the longevity difference between righties and lefties. I'm not sure it's true, actually. It's a commonly quoted factoid, but where's the proof?

8. twistedwhispers

twistedwhispers Member & Antiquities Friend

Since I am a leftie, I am curious about this too.

9. flyingdutchmen

flyingdutchmen Well-Known Member

sounds pretty creepy, flyingdutchmen is also leftie :eek:hmy:

I don't think it makes any difference if you are right or left handed these days. Back in the 'old days', most gadgets were made for right handed folks which in turn caused more accidents for left handed folks decreasing their average lifespan statistics.

10. Young suicider

Young suicider Well-Known Member

We cooler though

leftys unite!
    A lot more unique and extremely good in throwing sports :p

11. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

all of them surprise me, honestly!

but... 2 minutes, really? XD

12. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

I'm guessing that the times of premature ejaculators and first timers (or teenagers in general) bring the average down quite a bit.

Poor fellas...

13. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I'm guessing that the times of guys too old to give a damn who have sex at most once a week bring the average down.

Anyhow, as to the leftie thing, my friend pointed out that left-handedness is associated with mental illness and homosexuality, among other things - these things reduce life span.

The "right handed objects" theory proposes that lefties suffer massive amounts of horrible accidents due to items meant for right handed people, thousands of times more often than right-handed folks. Accidental deaths are extremely rare and I think they always have been, so I don't buy it.

14. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

It's obvious to me that the 'lefty 9 year loss' is the bullshitter. Even though I strongly questioned whether everyone has a unique tongue print, and still do. But there's only one choice that can be chosen, so I believe the credited response is the lefty 9 year loss.

15. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

They're all supposedly true. I know that most of the others are true, anyhow.

16. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

Women blink nearly twice as much as men? Why...estrogen, ovulation, wearing makeup, putting up with men? I blink more than a pigeon from perpetual anxiety and know women who could out-stare a mannequin.

I don't believe that one at all. :eek:hmy:

17. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Babies are born with 300 bones, but by adulthood we have only 206 in our bodies?

Where do the rest go?

18. Avarice

Avarice Well-Known Member

In the course of a lifetime the average person will grow 2 Metres of nose hair and the one about how left handed people having shorter life spans. Both of those seem pretty unbelievable to me. D: Unless the nose hair one doesn't actually mean two metres in the length of one nose hair but in fact two metres in the length of all the nose hairs together. Then I'd believe it.

19. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

Many bones conjoin during childhood and adolescence. The skeleton is not fully grown until you are an adult, 17 years (in females) and 20 (males).

20. Things

Things Well-Known Member

I picked the intercourse one. I honestly believed that sex was supposed to be a lot longer. o__O

Although I'm curious about the left-handed one too. My mom is left-handed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.