Strange feeling of homesickness

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by anarulesmenow, Sep 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anarulesmenow

anarulesmenow Well-Known Member

Hi,
    For some reason recently I have been feeling this horrible feeling of homesickness wherever I am, even if I'm at home. It's a really horrible feeling, like I feel I'm missing something but I'm not sure what or why I feel like this all the time.
    Does anyone else get this?

2. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

Yes, i used to get this all the time. I had decided it was because earth was not my home.

But when i got on the right meds and my depression eased up, it went away for the most part.

3. anarulesmenow

It just feels like there's something missing. I've had depression for years and I've occasionally had these feelings but now it's pretty much every day for some reason.

4. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

I don't have the answer to be honest because it kinda just 'went away' for the most part when i was on the right dose of anti depressant and all my symptoms lessened.

My only theory is that it's a sense of restlessness and dissatifaction with life. A longing for something better i guess and it manifests itself into a feeling of being homesick.

Perhaps look into what you are not happy about in your life and ways to change it.

5. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

I feel homesick when I am at home because I hate it so much. I just want to go back to school.

6. Mortal Moon

Mortal Moon Well-Known Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sehnsucht

You are not alone. I feel this emotion every single day. And the times I'm not feeling it, I wish I could... it's that inexpressible feeling of wanting to be home; wanting your first love; wanting all the things that you can't even remember and yet know that, long ago and far away, those things were very important to you.

I don't know the answer. I don't know how I could possibly find, or even identify, that precious "something" that I so desperately, endlessly, impossibly long for. My guess is that you're in a similar situation. I wish I could be more helpful to you, but my personal belief after all these years is that such restless, aimless wandering can only end in grief and despair; and yet, we cannot rid ourselves of it any more than a cancer patient can pray her ailment away.

7. kote

kote Account Closed

get this for freaky!!!

whether its homesickness or not im unsure.

but i live in japan and have settled in the same house for 10 years now.

but i sleep and dream im still in england in my house there.

as im waking im making plans for my day as if im in england and my awareness around me is that of english surroundings.

to tell the truth im really happy here and dont miss england one bit but it freaks me out every time - more than once a week i wake to this place.

i told my doc. and he just laughed - gave me more pills and patted me on my back. so i thought fuck go back to england and get rid of these images, even that didnt work. the dreams still come.

i havent got a clue where i am and what im doing sometimes. now that is lost. im actually lost in my own head. lol

8. anarulesmenow

Fourth Derivative, you have pretty much described how I feel. I'm not really sure what it is I feel I have lost. Maybe I just miss the innocence of youth or maybe it's regret for any lost opportunities. But I'm not entirely sure what. It feels like I've lost something very important, even essential to myself.
    How do you find something if you cannot remember what you have lost?

9. Madam Mim

Madam Mim Well-Known Member

I experienced this all through my childhood, but we moved a lot (I'm an RAF child) so I always put it down to not having a stable home, especially as I didn't get the feeling when I was at boarding school. It only went away when I moved to where I live now, which is the only place I've ever felt comfortable.

I always assumed it was simply that I didn't feel like my houses were home, but now I wonder how deeply it was linked to my unhappiness. It might be worth considering that when I moved here I also escaped from my father. Curious.

neanderthal, that is incredibly freaky! It must really disorientate you. Very weird.

Mim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.