Strange new virus appears in India

SillyOldBear

Teddy Bears Rule! 🐻
Staff Alumni
Latest I heard on this is that it is NOT a virus. That higher then normal levels of metal have been found in people's blood. Let's be careful about starting rumors about another virus.

Winslow

My Toughest Problem Has Been Solved.
SF Supporter
Latest I heard on this is that it is NOT a virus. That higher then normal levels of metal have been found in people's blood. Let's be careful about starting rumors about another virus.
But the Times article in the link quoted the World Health Organization that it's a virus.

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
But the Times article in the link quoted the World Health Organization that it's a virus.
That may have been initial reports, but further testing has ruled out other viral diseases. Currently, it's believed to be caused by heavy metal poisoning which is causing neurotoxic effects. Traces of nickel and lead have been found in some patients, majority of whom have now been released from hospital. It's still relatively early days, but the scientists do seem to have identified the primary cause of this phenomenon in Eluru, alhough as yet not the source or why it has happened.

DrownedFishOnFire

Back into the wild where I belong. Out of your way
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I read somewhere its pesticides. Either way it is sickening that people gotta be careless in a high population density with their water source and environment

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00