Strange personalities

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Petal, May 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I was at the petrol station shop yesterday, I went in to buy come cigs and really needed one soon lol There was an old lady (about 80 y/o) in front of me and she was buying lots of things, I overheard the worker telling her she was about 60 cent short so she spent 10 mins looking for more money in pockets, I was getting bored so I just offered her the 60 cent and put it on the counter for her to help her, she looked at me like I was the devil and in an angry tone said'' i don't want that, i will come back later''. I was taken aback, was only trying to be nice. The worker said ''ignore her, crazy old woman'' lol!! I don't know which of us was in the wrong but I was left feeling like I had done something wrong. What is the deal with people these days!!

2. Cicada 3301

Cicada 3301 Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

You did nothing wrong lol I guess some people just don't want help :p

3. Petal

Haha, I found it very strange but maybe at that age she just thought something seemed ''off''. I just wanted her to hurry up so I could get my cigs rofl!!

And the other day I told my brother that my cousin was in a psych ward in london after a suicide attempt and he said ''i dont give a fuck to be honest, i'm sure he doesn't care about my pain from my car accident'

I mean come on like, if everyone thought like that there would be no hope for humanity lol! I think I really am just a naturally caring person or do people just care about themselves and are selfish? I do not get people's attitudes at all lately or maybe i'm just taking more notice lately or maybe all the years i spent in my house has affected me, i do not know.

4. lost81

lost81 Staff Alumni

No people really are just that shit. Persecuting/judgemental/twatty people everywhere. I end up getting so tightly wound I feel like can't move my legs and head is going to explode just being out of the house for 5 minutes because of it all.

5. Cicada 3301

I know there are a lot of people like that in the world but I like to think that there are more of the caring, kind type - like yourself. People are selfish but there is nothing wrong with expressing a bit of sympathy. I don't get how he can say that, did something happen between your cousin and brother?

6. Petal

No nothing happened between my brother and cousin at all, they have not seen each other in years, but my cousins aunt asked me for advice so i told my brother what was going on. His attitude stinks. I am glad it's not just me lol

7. Cicada 3301

I don't get it lol
    I can understand when people don't care or pay attention to depression and other mental health illnesses but a suicide attempt is not something you say I don't give a fuck to. Anyway, I hope your cousin is doing better now, did you send him a gift yet?

8. Petal

Yeah. My brother's attitude just stinks. There's very little we can talk about without me left feeling bad. He thinks he's more important than everyone else.

My cousin is doing badly so I heard from his mum and isn't quite ready to come home yet, I haven't sent him a gift yet, still trying to find something appropriate. I'm sure I will get him one when im in the city tomorrow, so he will have it when he gets out.

I'm glad i'm not the only one that thinks my brother was out of line. He's quite selfish :/

9. Cicada 3301

People like that are best seen in very short doses, if at all.

I'm really sorry about your cousin, I hope that he gets better soon and can come home. I'm thinking maybe some aftershave if he gets it when he's out, if you get it before though a diary so he can write his thoughts or a Rubik's cube as a distraction maybe.

Way out of line. Trust me, most people do not think like this, at least not in my experience.

10. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Back to the old lady, I know some of the older ones have too much pride on their independence and to accept goodwill even if the smallest gesture will be a huge deal to them.

But most of them would have been very happy that there was still good people in younger generations.

I probably would have done the same if I was in line waiting for my ice cold diet pop in my hand becoming lukewarm as seconds pass lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.