Strange questions asked by psych's please share?

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by downunder, Feb 7, 2009.

1. downunder

downunder Well-Known Member

Please share strange questions asked by psych's.

"Are you suicidal right now?" (How does she expect me to answer?)

"I want you to make a commitment, is that a yes" again I wouldn't say no would I??

"Be open", then when open "What do you expect me to think when you tell me things like this?"

"How does that make you feel".

"What is it that make you keep going" (I haven't found a good method)

2. Kemra

Kemra Well-Known Member

'How do you feel right now?' Duh..

'I want you to call me if you dissasociate again' Yep.. I'll leave the number with my other personalities along with a message for them to give you a bell..

'Do you feel like you have found something to look forward to in your life since we last talked?' Yeah.. years of losing everything and everyone

'Has the medication helped at all?' After i complained about the 'small' side effects of fever, vomiting, migraine headaches, dizziness, mild hallucinations after drinking half a beer, etc, etc

3. downunder

That was funny the question about disassociation. :biggrin:

"Is there anything I can do to make things easier" (yes give me something to off myself)

Then I actually said, "Can you ring the workplace doctor and ask her what questions she is going to ask" She says "No", I said "can I see the letter sent from my workplace" she said "no", I said, "Could you leave the room with my file left open" she says "No", then I said, "well your not much help are you"!!

:biggrin: I was coming up to an appointment to see the workplace doctor to determine whether I keep my job or not.

4. plates

plates Well-Known Member

"So what's the problem?" x5

"You've broken up with your GF and that's not pathological...soo.....what's the problem?"

5. black mamba

black mamba Active Member

''Why are you crying?''

This was asked after around 45 minutes of me explaining that I was suicidally depressed. It was such a stupid thing to ask it actually made me laugh.

andy

6. downunder

I had that one two, about the crying. I had been dobbed into the cat team, it was the anniversary of my daughhter's death, and i had workplace bullying and had taken 2 days off work and was asked "why are you crying".