Strange sensations

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by StellarSparkle, Jul 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StellarSparkle

StellarSparkle Well-Known Member

Hey all,

I have been experiencing a strange sensation in my chest that I seem to associate with my heart and it makes me feel a bit faint or weak, it's not pain but it's a bit uncomfortable. I have had them a few times before when my anxiety was really high but I don't know why this is happening now. Has anyone else experienced this ?
  2. liveinhope

liveinhope Well-Known Member

Yes i have to it feels like a heart attack whatever thats life and its scary which then makes it worse. I manage to convince myself it just indegestion, but then it passess its probably just anxiety but is scary

Go and get checked by your gp if it keeps happening just to check your hearts ok they will take you seriously
  3. rd9671

rd9671 Guest

Yeah, I get the panic attacs that feel like there is about 2 tons on my chest, hard to breathe. I never go in tho, don't want to feel like an idiot when the tell me I am having an anxiety attack. I just ride it out. Good thing there are no heart attacks in my family history;)
  4. StellarSparkle

Thanks for the replies guys.

I had pains in my chest for weeks when my anxiety was very high and I decided to go to the doctor. I had an EKG and he told me that there was nothing wrong with my heart. I needed a second opinion and another cardiologist said that there was nothing wrong, but somehow I didn't believe any of them. A few days later I was on my bed and I felt as if my heart had suddenly stopped, I thought I was going to die, so I woke my parents up and told them about it, but they didn't believe me. Since then I experienced this thing one or two more times and I became very obsessed with checking my pulse. I have been doing better in these last months but I want to know what is happening. Maybe it's just normal ? :unsure:
  5. smackh2o

smackh2o SF Supporter

Check out palputations <(think thats how you spell it). My mum gets them and they sound similar to as she describes them. If you have high blood pressure you are likely to get them I think, maybe they accompany anxiety attacks for some people for that very reason. Check it out.
  6. I hope you feel better, 705. I have had health issues similar to that, with my breathing/heart alternating speed, etc, where it isn't painful, yet discomforting. Please keep us informed if anything changes/develops. Take care. :hug:
  7. StellarSparkle

Thanks h2osmack and Broken Product :smile:

I have had these little sensations today again but I am feeling much better after my lesson of pilates :wink:
  8. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

Yeah I had the same thing happen to me recently. My anxiety was never that bad before.
  9. Random

Random Well-Known Member

It's MOST LIKELY a symptom of anxiety. Feeling anxious about something, pressured, nervous or upset.

I started feeling something like this once. Sometimes, it felt like pressure pushing down on my chest. Sometimes, it felt more like a burning on the skin. I really thought something was physically wrong with me. It felt real. I don't know. Eventually, it just faded. I still feel it sometimes when I'm really upset but now I know what it is.

Still. You might want to see a doctor because none of us are qualified to diagnose you. Doctors see and hear everything. Nothing you can tell him or her will be the first case they've seen.

By the way.....this really sounds a lot like Hypochondria. Look it up. I've had problems with that too.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2007
  10. StellarSparkle

Thank you both.

I have been having these stabs again today and they are worrying me a lot but I will try to hold on as the doctors told me that there was nothing wrong. I hope it's all anxiety, but I don't think I am anxious enough to get them :unsure:
  11. Random

Random Well-Known Member

It's amazing how your mind can play tricks on you. I had a pretty bad bout of anxiety a couple of moths ago. I was getting these random muscle twitches all over my body. And I mean everywhere. They weren't seizures. They were just minor twitches. You know how sometimes your eyelid jumps? Like that. Only it was just randomly happening in all different places. My scalp was also tingling in random spots. My head felt strange. It was really freaking me out. But I found a way to relax for a few days and it simply went away. It comes back sometimes when I get really upset so I'm pretty sure it's related to stress and anxiety. Your mind actually can cause physical symptoms.
  12. StellarSparkle

Oh no it happened again :cry:

I was at the mall yesterday and it happened to me all of a sudden, I am so scared and worried. It was like a burning sensation, it lasted for a few seconds, I don't know what to do anymore. I wish I could tell my mother but she will get mad at me :blub:

I wonder why this happens, I hadn't felt this sensation for a long time now. Right now I am feeling a bit weird, probably because I have been worrying a lot since this happened yesterday, I can't take it out of my mind, and I am so worried about bad things happening to me :cry:
  13. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

:hug: Laura, maybe go see a doctor and tell them about it?
  14. StellarSparkle

I don't know ... I have made some research and I think I have a hiatus hernia, I can't tell anyone about it :cry:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.