Strange Valentine

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by thelewischild, Feb 14, 2009.

1. thelewischild

thelewischild Member

I have absolutely NO self-confidence. I got a Valentine at school yesterday and I have no idea who it was from. I would think it was a joke, but it sounds surprisingly sincere - if it was a joke, I think it would be funnier, or more obvious. If it isn't a joke, I think it's someone pitying me. I'm not sure why I'm posting this thread - I'm just not really sure how to react. In my head, the thought of anyone genuinely wanting to send me a Valentine is LUDICROUS.:sad:
  2. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

hi hun : ) i think it is nice that you got a valentine. was it a nice one??

maybe you are being ((((paranoid)))) no offense. . . i am that way lately! that is why i mentioned it. ..

enjoy the valentine - - - consider it serendipitous........ hugs - happy valentine's day from a s.f. friend. .
  3. Bigman2232

Bigman2232 Well-Known Member

It's probably the biggest issue with a lot of people who don't get complimented or receive affection from others that often. You just don't trust it. It becomes even harder if the times you do trust, it goes south.

For this one, just stay out of your head and look at what is right in front of you. A valentine saying you're someone special. Use that to help build more confidence.

Happy Valentine's day anyways.:biggrin:
  4. Epical Taylz

Epical Taylz Well-Known Member

thats how i used to feel back in elementary school.
    just build some more confidence and try not thinking about it
  5. Christianv2

Christianv2 Well-Known Member

Someone probably geniuenly likes you. I know, without self esteem, you cant fathom the idea that someone would be interested in you but everyone is beautiful in some way, and the way that you are caught someone's eye. So be happy about it :)
  6. thelewischild

thelewischild Member

Aaw, (Belated) Happy Valentine's Day to you all. Thanks for all the advice - it cheered me up:smile: To mdmefontaine, yes it was a nice one - said "Smile, somebody loves you. Have a lovely Valentine's Day". Perhaps I should just take it for what it says and forget about my paranoia (easier said than done) XD Once again, THANK YOU all!