Strange & wonderful, 1st date....

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by TBear, Jul 14, 2010.

1. TBear

TBear Antiquities Friend

I just went on my first date that I have been on in 28 years....

WOW.... After 24 years being married to an abusive controlling jerk who never "took me out" after the marriage.... then 4 years divorced and frozen by fear....

I am glad I could finally bring down that wall of fear and the feeling that no one would want garbage like me.... I still am in amazement that he really seems to like my company.

So nice to be treated with respect and as if I were a desirable partner...

He just called to say how much he enjoyed spending time with me...

Is it odd, do you think, to feel so young when I am 49? Like a nervous teen....

Odd or not - it is nice for a change, gives hope and a lift from the pain that has been my life, even if it doesn't become anything more...
  2. UnkelHeit

UnkelHeit Well-Known Member

That is wonderful. It's always nice to hear things like that. Good luck with things.
  3. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Thank you for sharing! I am so happy for you! Hallelujah! I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. You deserve only the best girl. :)
  4. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

Always nice to hear when someone enjoys a date. I hope that if I ever go on a date ever again I will feel the same way. Though I am not too hopeful that I will ever get one. Anyway lets hope Tue second is as good as the first.
  5. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

This put a big smile on my face!

Hope things work out for you TBear :)
  6. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

Congratulations! I'm so glad it went well for you!
  7. mcviking

mcviking Well-Known Member

What strength you have to go though all of that and still have hope in finding happiness with a partner. All our lonely hearts could learn from you well.
  8. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

You have a lot of courage...certainly more than i there is hope for all of us and u just proved least to me u glad its giving u a lift :hamster: :D