Streange Dreams Need advice please

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by aquietperson, Sep 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aquietperson

aquietperson New Member

Every now and then I'll have these weird dreams that make perfect sense when im asleep but are weird when i wake up. Some of the dreams involve me jumping from a bridge or shooting someone then shooting myself or just dreaming that im in "hell". A example might be that a few nights ago i had a dream where i beat this one kid from my old school up then when i woke up my stomach started to hurt and so did my body and its been that way for almost a week now. I will also have nightmares that are terrifying in my sleep yet when i wake up im depressed almost all day. I dont know why stuff like this happens but i would like some advice on how to handle it or why it happens.

2. Puddytat

Puddytat Well-Known Member

Jumping:
    You will overcome your trials and tribulations through patience and perseverence.
    To dream that you are jumping, indicates that you need to take a risk and go for it. you will find progress toward your goals.

Bridge:
    bridges represent a transitional period in your life where you will be moving on to a new stage.

Hell:
    to dream of hell, denotes that you may be suffering from a seemingly inescapable situation. you may have placed your decision or course of action into someone elses hand. alternatively, you may be possessing many inner fears and repressed guilty feelings. it is time to quit punishing yourself and take it easy for a while.

Shooting:
    to dream that you shoot a person w/ a gun, denotes your aggressive feelings and hidden anger toward that particular person
    ----

im assuming not all of these dreams are dreamt together, from what i gather is you have some really angry feeling towards yourself and other people, perhaps you are blaming yourself for something that has happened that may not have been your fault. you need to take back control of your emotions. and you probably will soon but not without difficulty. bridges are usually over water (i.e emotions, conscious).

3. LostMyMind

LostMyMind Well-Known Member

I hate to be a party pooper but dreammoods is a crap place to get your dream interpretation. You might want to try someplace else, if any place at all. Symbol interpretations are fairly useless, I know because I used them for my dreams for a long time. In fact I did it so often that I memorized most dream symbols and their meanings. From what I gathered through my experience is that most dreams don't mean anything at all. Either that or the symbol sites are junk.

I have dreams and nightmares pretty much every single night. For the most part I have now learned to ignore them (or admire them if they're worthy).

4. Puddytat

Puddytat Well-Known Member

well thats your opinion and i respect that, i find that dreams can have some sort of symbolism and connection in your waking life. some dont, depending on the circumstances surrounding the dreams.

im sure people who post here do believe there is some significance and i like to research a lot of different avenues, not just dream moods, to find definitions. symbols are not set in stone but they are a general guide.

5. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

I think dream symbolism is isolated to an individual. When I was young I almost drowned in the ocean. Swept away. My dreams of the ocean have to mean something different from an olympic gold medal winner for some ocean sport.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.