Stress, change, and disappointment

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Anonymous2, Feb 8, 2009.

?

Are you sensitive to stress, change, and disappointment?

1. Yes, Definitely

14 vote(s)
    93.3%
  2. Yes

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  3. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Definitely Not

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous2

Anonymous2 Well-Known Member

No matter how long I go with neutral feelings, I always seem to be especially vulnerable to slipping back into phases of depression. It seems as though my tolerance for stress, change, and disappointment is very low. If something goes wrong or I fail at an endeavor, I find myself becoming quite depressed.

I think that since people like me are already on the edge, we can very easily fall back into a negative state. I wish I could change this though, I know it is not rational to become so worried about so many things. Anytime something negative happens unexpectedly, I began to start thinking about all the possible problems that could result from that negative occurrence. I don't just think about immediate problems, I also think about problems that could occur years from now.

I worry, worry, and worry .... and my productivity decreases significantly for hours or even days. I have a lot going on right now, for someone of my mental and physical abilities, so whenever I waste time worrying, I get even further behind and then worry more.

I find it so odd that I worry about such petty issues sometimes. I've been though a lot in my life. I should be more confident about my ability to survive in difficult situations. I shouldn't feel like everything has to go the way I plan it.

2. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

3. Starlite

Starlite Senior Member

hey anonymous

I hear where you are coming from. Not saying I think the exact things you do, but I am a worry wart over things that have happened and think of things that may happen as a result of those previous things. I sometimes find myself so strong because of all I have survived, but yet find the flaws and weaknesses within myself too. Those "petty" things that seem to crop up, sometimes are the very things that grinds my gears the most! I have been called a perfectionist because I think everything has to be so so.

It seems like a constant circle! Feeling ok, feeling down, feeling ok, feeling down..and yes things that happen tend to trigger, but it would be so nice to be able to stay at that balanced level for a longer period of time!

hugs to ya!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.