stress= cutting!

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by fading_dreams, Jan 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fading_dreams

fading_dreams Well-Known Member

i have been having to make big desicisions about college and my future and it's really stressing me out. I had gone without hurting myself for 57 days and then yesterday i poured hot wax all over my arm.... that may not exactly be self-harm, but it hurt and i did it intentionally.
    and now i'm stressed and disappointed.... and i'm tired.
    does anyone have tips for not doing anything bad during the stressful parts of your life?
    if you do, please let me know what they are! i'm trying to quit, but it's really hard!

2. Vega

Vega Well-Known Member

I suggest you take some time, you sit back at your computer screen staring at the screensaver (Yeah I know, sounds wierd. Just.. hear me out) preferrably something that's contantly moving and making odd shapes for you to get your mind rolling. Have a bit of music, playing off in the background. Something up-beat.Erm.. MSI, some of the newer Nickelback songs, hm'.. some hardstyle/jumpstyle music maybe. Just sit there, watch it.. listen to the music. And think. Work it all out. On your day off, a weekend.. a late night. Take a breather and lay it all out. Hell talk to yourself if you must, I know I do. I broke a cutting addiction a while back. Self harm in general as well. That's what seemed to work for me. I know someones gonna hit me with not everyon'es the same so let me throw in if it doesn't work, post and if it does work, still post. If you need someone to talk to, s'cool. Add me. I might be able to help. Maybe even throw a couple more ideas your way.

Until then,
  3. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

Oh god this sounds soooo familiar, i can deffiantly relate VERY well to what you've said. Stressing over college and life choices. I been there and yes i did self harm. Pouring wax over your arm in my opinion is self harm. You intentially set out to hurt yourself. Talk to your course tutor, tell them that your stressing out about things, they'll understand. Also try some distraction methods, one that worked a while for me was running VERY cold water over my wrist until it hurt and my arm was numb. There are alot of different distraction methods, try find one for you.

Vikki x
  4. Lost Disciple

Lost Disciple Well-Known Member

But watch it while using this method. Many a psychologist has given this idea to their patient, only to find them admitted to hospitals for frostbite. Don't take it to the extreme.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.