Stress cutting

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by SaveOurSouls, Oct 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SaveOurSouls

SaveOurSouls New Member

Has anyone else cut purely out of stress? Thats my problem. Whenever I cut its not because I'm thinking about suicide. Its because usually I'm so emotional and I can't take it out on anything or anyone but myself. It happens whenever I make even the slightest wrong move as well, and the pain brings so much relief. i've tried the snapping the rubber band thing, and all it does is enrage me more. The only thing I've found that'll really take my mind off of it is writing. Its amazing how creative the mind is when its so emotional. Once I get it all out, by the time I'm done, I'm not angry anymore. The stress disappeared into my paper with the words. My cuts bleed for weeks and the scars will neeevvveerr go away. So finding something that helps is really a gift from god to me :)

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You are right i find writing poetry helps me so much when i am in so much pain
    It does good to get the words onto paper and out of ones mind hugs

3. SaveOurSouls

SaveOurSouls New Member

Yup, its a lot easier to just get it all out with words, then leave permanent scars. Not to mention everyone thinks that you're trying to die and its not anything like that. Sometimes emotions can just take you over, and if theres nowhere to focus it then the only thing there is yourself. I feel the same way about dying. I don't want to make any decisions I'm not 100% sure about, and emotions can make you feel that way. Once you calm down you realize what all you have, and how much its worth :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.