Stress without realizing it?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Monoka, May 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Monoka

Monoka Well-Known Member

i self harm in blocks at a time. i have a patch of scars from this time and a patch from that time ect. their all divided up. the harming is logical and for specific reasons.

i recently realised that a few patches related to exam periods. but duren exams i dont really feel stressed or like im going to fail everything. is it possible to stress without realising it?

im confused :(

2. distress

distress Well-Known Member

I completely understand where you are coming from and i myself self harm due to exams (although its because i think im failing all the time), however i took another look at this and i think i was also stressed and i didnt even know it so yes u can be stressed and not realise it.

3. Monoka

Monoka Well-Known Member

i just feel the need to cut and am not satisfied until i have. i just have to guess at what is causing the need. :-/

4. distress

Sometimes its just something that you are familiar with and thts why the need can be there, other reasons can be that you are triggered. Is there anything that you know triggers this? It can be anything such as I find red cars to be slighty triggering which is a bit stupid but its something I cant help sometimes

If u feel like talking pm me and I will reply as soon as im back on (im from aus so time difference will be ther) but im more than happy to talk and help u with this

5. Monoka

Monoka Well-Known Member

red cars- how on earth did you realize thats what was triggering?!

thanks, it might be habbit, something i resort back to. it started when exams and other 'issues' coincided so maybe the exams are a bi-anually reminder of hard times. i dunno :-?

6. ConfusedSilence

ConfusedSilence Well-Known Member

I get stressed during exams all the time, but they aren't the reason I cut. Certainly, they add to my stress levels, but I wouldn't cut just because of them.

So yes, I think you can be stressed without knowing it, but I don't know if your subconscious is strong enough to make you need to cut. Mine isn't.

7. Monoka

Monoka Well-Known Member

grrr i dunno. most other things in life are okay at the minute.. i don't sleep well when im stressing which makes me tired and easier to let little things get me down. least i know i'll stop in a few weeks when is over- till next time.

8. distress

Wel tht my most perculiar trigger but sometimes the metalic color gets to me

Happy to help, its a plausible answer, and im sure that ur right in what you have said, now the hard part is trying to remember tht before you do anything and also remember that tests are a way of life or at lest find something a little less cheesy that can help you stop and at lest keep your mind of it. I hope all the best for you and your endeavours, I really hope we can all help you here :)

9. Push

Push Well-Known Member

It is possible to be stressed and not realize it. I hope you get through this quickly and safely. :hug:

10. Monoka

Monoka Well-Known Member

thanks people :)
    relaxation meditation helped last night :p
    the wonders you find on youtube.

thanks

11. distress

Its great to hear that you have found something that works. I hope all the best for you and congrates on find this out :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.