Stressed.

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Spearmint, May 1, 2008.

1. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

I should not be this stressed. Mom, Dad, please, please stop asking me what my plans for the future are. Please, I honestly have no idea, and you asking just stresses me out more and more. And then you say that I'm not going to graduate, that I'm not going to get in college, that I'm not going to be successful, then why the hell do you care what I'm going to do with my life? Seriously, if that is supposed to be some sort of motivation, then it's failing miserably. I don't know what I want to do yet, I don't know. I need to know though, because apparently I'm not ever going to be allowed to be a normal teenager, just as I was never allowed to be a normal child. Really, I'm glad you're both successful, I really am, but please stop putting so much pressure on me to be more successful than you, please. I don't think I'm good at anything, I'm indecisive, and the only thing I can do well is to be self destructive. That's not a career option as far as I know, and if it is, please point me to it, and I'll do it gladly. I already need to find a job soon, balance school on top of that, maintain at least a 3.5 GPA, plus the volunteer hours I need to do to get a scholarship somewhere, because as you've pointed out so many times, I don't have a college fund, and we don't have money for college. I'm sorry that I'm not perfect. I'm sorry that I'm apparently perfecting failure. I'm sorry that you can't accept me how I am, and that you have to push me to the very edge because you feel like it'll make me tougher or more successful somehow.

I'm sorry, and I just want everything to stop. :sad:

2. The_Discarded

The_Discarded Staff Alumni

:hug: hang in there hunneh

the stress sucks, but these things pass. just worry about what's immediate. the future'll come when it will. tell you parents you have a lot of options but aren't completely sure yet or something. give them a date that you'll know by and make it a year or more from now. they'll have forgotten. if not, you'll be soon to move out anyway by then.

stress comes and goes. hold tight. you'll make it. what seems heavy now isn't as dire later on, you'll find. don't let it break you, strong grrrrl.

as you know, i'm here if you need to talk. xx

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2008
  3. Lead Savior

Lead Savior Well-Known Member

I really hope that you find your way.

Your way, no one else's

4. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

Jess,
    I'm sorry you are stressed. I don't find it very helpful or sensitive of you parents to act as they are at the time. I know it's probably also aggravating that you were never allowed to really live the natural stages of one's life; child, teenager, etc. Try not to let them get to you so much, I know that isn't an easy task. Try to relax and think about life, and what you may want out of it. If you need to speak to someone, even to vent, I'm here if you ever want to PM me. (you don't have to, was just letting you know I'm here if you need me hun. Sending you hugs, if they're wanted. :hug:)

5. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

^ What she says. :hug:
    Sorry I just think Rae worded it so well, that I can't do anything but agree with what she said.
    MSN me if you want, Jess :cheekkiss

6. Spearmint

To be honest I don't even remember making this. :unsure:

But anyway, Rae, Jeff, Caz, thanks. :hug:

7. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

Sussles-
    It always weighs on a person when their parents push them to thin. Do what you need to do in order to find happiness. Forget them pressuring you and pushing you into directions you don't want to go. always remember it's your life not theirs.
    :hug:

8. shazzer

shazzer Well-Known Member

Try not to let your parents stress you too much hun. Does it matter that you don't know what you want to do yet you will decide in your own time and its your life only you can decide what it is you want to do not your parents
    take care
    :hug:

9. Spearmint

:hug: Est, Kellz, Shazzer. Thanks.