Strong chance I will be homeless.

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Anime-Zodiac, Nov 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

I'm going to be kicked out soon and most likely become homeless, so I was wondering if anyone could give me some information such as any places that I could go to for help or anything along those lines that help homeless people.
    I'm in the UK. England to be more specific.
  2. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

I'd offer you a place to stay but i doubt your anywhere near me, people normally arent.
    Umm, i'm not really sure. Local council might be able to offer you something if you go into your local council building and explain the situation to him?
    I'll look on the internet for you, see if i can find some more stuff for you :)
  3. plates

plates Well-Known Member

Go to your council and they'll have a department for people who are homeless and looking for accommodation and will advise you. If you're under the care of your CMHT they should have a Welfare Rights Officer who'd help you too and maybe be a bit more helpful than your council, but by all means, investigate those two options.

I'm not sure why you're getting kicked out but there are shelters for lets say women trying to get away from domestic violence etc. Not sure if that applies and from what I've heard there are rules as to who they take in there too..

Good luck with it all. I really hope you get through this. :hug:
  4. Robin

Robin Guest

Also check out MIND aswell as any other mental health groups in your area, they may not be able to help directly but as they are located in the community you are living in they will most likely know of resources and help that you would otherwise be blind to despite good research.
  5. Anime-Zodiac

Thanks for the information guys. Cerise thanks for looking on the net for me. To make it easier for you, I live in Oxfordshire.
  6. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

Hi Mystic. Sorry to hear about your situation. Try contacting Shelter. They're not just there for people who are already homeless. They could give you some good advice. I don't live anywhere near Oxfordshire but if you are really stuck pm me.
  7. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

same here mystic. hope things turn out well for you

i will be thinking of you
  8. TheWr0ngChild

TheWr0ngChild Well-Known Member

Your local council might have a duty to house you, so the first thing you need to do is contact their housing dept and explain your situation. If they are no help, then call Shelter. Shelter are not a "shelter" as such, they are more like an infomation and advocacy service who help people get council housing and other forms of perminant or temporary housing.

Also you don't say how old you are. If your under a certain age, not sure what, social services are obliged to help you, so you could try contacting them anyway to see if they can.

Here's shelter's number and website. You can get your local area council contact online probably or out of the yellow pages.

0808 800 4444
  9. rootedphoenix

rootedphoenix Well-Known Member

:mad: How awful. I wish I knew anything, but I'm halfway across the world. :( :hug:
  10. Anime-Zodiac

Thanks to: Andcy, snowraven, Robin, Cerise, ggg4567, Rootedphoenix and Tin Woman for your words and information. It's appreciated. I will make an update at the end of this week but thus far things have cooled down some what.

Anyways i'll update on Sunday and thanks again.
  11. Anime-Zodiac

Things have cooled down in some sense. I'm still going to be cautious and have my guard up. So the information given to me on this thread is very useful and will continue to be of use to me in the future.

Although things have cooled down in a way, it still means I could become homeless at any point.

Anyways thanks to all on this thread for their posts and information.
  12. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

hope it all works out for you, if theres anything i cn do to help please just ask.
  13. Anime-Zodiac

Thanks Andyc68 it's much appreciated.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.