Strong urge to self-harm

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Onewithwings, Feb 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Onewithwings

Onewithwings New Member

I really don't want to, but I can't think of any other sort of relief. I am afraid that if I do self harm I'll be sent back to the psych ward (which I frequent) and that place is just SO awful, I can't stand the thought of going back, it has NEVER been helpful to me. I am in so much pain, and I don't know what to do. :(

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You get out of that environment you go for a walk you call a friend you put a comedy on you change that thought pattern do nt let it grow You talk to someone you stay here and talk until the feeling lessens which it will hugs

3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Is there a pdoc or therapist you can contact and see how to make a more productive plan to deal with your feelings? It is so awful to feel as you do with little outlet...hope you can find a way to express how you are feeling without harming yourself, and please continue to post as there are many ppl here who can relate

4. chrism67

chrism67 Well-Known Member

I know how u feel. Im a frequent flyer. Ive had many admissions. I know what u mean. They are horrible but it did stop me from cutting. And right now i cant stop. But i really dont want to go in. Do everything to not self harm. Because iys so hard to stop. Write a list of ten things u can do when u feel like that. And do everyone till the feelings gone. Also u could write up a gratitude list. You could also try to write a journel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.