Stronger

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Anonymous00, Sep 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous00

Anonymous00 Well-Known Member

The urge to cut is stronger and stronger. Self destructive ideas keep occupying my mind. Even though im not a smoker, im having an urge to smoke to relieve the stress that cant be relieve by the things i usually enjoy and do to keep myself from destructive thoughts.. ive cut myself twice already, although its not so deep, im feeling more vulnerable as time passes like this..

2. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

having a smoke or two is less harmful than cutting in short run. be careful not to get hooked though. try taking up relaxing hobbies and watching sitcomes that suit your humour. laughter is good medicine. get your cuts cleaned and bandaged and let go of sharp objects. take the pain out in more positive ways.

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Have you talk to someone in real life your doctor someone ok that can help you to stop the self harming. I agree with scaryforest have a cigarette if it helps to calm you and get rid of the cutting tool but talk to someone get some coping skills that will help heal you not harm you

4. Anonymous00

Anonymous00 Well-Known Member

Thank you for your replies. I've talked to a professor at my school and he told me to seek help at our guidance office and maybe there they'll be able to suggest interventions that would help me cope.

I'd like to think that smoking would be better than cutting but I'm afraid of getting addicted to it. I might also end up relying on it too much so I'm not so sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.