Structuring/filling my days

Hello everyone,
I recently had to quit school because I couldn't handle the stress in combination with my mental issues.
I want to use this free time to get my life back in order, so I want to make a weekly planning to avoid wasting my days and/or locking myself up socially.
I already started daily exercises, try to get a regular sleeping and waking up pattern and so on.
Problem is that I still have many "gaps" in my schedule, which I want to fill up with usefull things, because I'm afraidn I will just spend them watching TV or behind my computer.
Does any one have any tips or ideas?

MUch love, and thanks in advance,

-SF Spacemonkey

AKA Nico

Sorry that things didn't work out with school. It sounds like you are taking some good steps though in getting things back in order.

Every US state, and many countries, have some form of vocational assistance for people with disabilities. If you qualify for services, they could help you work out an plan for your education and employment, or even just how to positively occupy your time.

You might be able to find services by searching online. If you are in the US or Canada, calling 211 or visiting 211.org might help you connect with services.

I hope that something can help!

Baywasp

I know the world turns and it will turn on me
SF Supporter
I’m struggling with how to fill up my time as well. I just talked to my therapist about it today and she suggested I should try and volunteer somewhere. Also she and I went through a list of events at the local library and wrote down the ones that seemed interesting to me. (I don’t know if you live in a place like I do where there’s gonna be a lot going on). But I still feel like maybe it’s not gonna be enough.
So I totally get what you mean. I know I start feeling bad when I have nothing to do.

BraveFace

SF Supporter
When I was in that place I 'reached out' to family/ friends and volunteered myself for DIY/ housekeeping jobs. It's surprising how many people have stuff at home that can be done easily but they can't be bothered (of which I, too, am guilty). Anyway, it kept me busy and filled out the diary. Some of them even gave me cash and it got me through. Be selective though, sometimes they can take the p!$$ ;)

Woowoo

SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hey Nico, I'm sorry you had to quit school, but it sounds like you're doing all the right things. Looking after yourself with exercise and a regular sleep pattern is so important, as is eating healthily. It's good that you don't want to stay indoors watching TV all day, but filling time can be hard. There have been some good suggestions already. Doing odd jobs for family & friends is a great idea. Voluntary work is also good or even just helping out in your community. Where I live there are a number of us who keep the village tidy, by collecting litter, planting flowers, and cutting back trees etc. Maybe you could take up a new hobby such as drawing, photography, learning a musical instrument or blogging about something that interests you.

Anyway, good luck. Let us know how you get on.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00