Struggling is worth it

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by Scully, Nov 27, 2009.

1. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

I'm not trying to convince anyone, I'm just telling what I've lived.

About a week ago, I nearly killed myself. I've had BDP, ADD, depression and severe anxiety, for years. I lived things like abandonment, emotional/pychological/physical abuses, and rape, with a baby who was adopted. You can't fool me on being empty and angry and sad all the time.

BUT....

I agreed to be followed, by a psychiatrist, a psychologist, and I've had a treatement, for 8 months (against nearly 30 years of sh*t). I'm doing better, not only me, but I care less about even what people close to me can think, I live my life, I do my stuff. I'm more confident. So, hold on your meds and therapy. I've changed treatments 4 times before finding one better, and still not settled. It's hard, but don't give up. All what I talked about above is treatable.

I feel good these days, even if my situation is not for the best. I'm gonna fight for what I want. Thanks for reading, I hope some of you who are where I was just one week ago are thinking about it. Sometimes it's one week from where you are.

One sure thing, I'll never think about killing myself of my own will. Life's hard and you gotta be tough most of the time, and it'll be more and more. We with treatments and meds, and food, and a roof, and friends... we're so lucky.

You can talk to me if you need, whomever, my door is open. Hold on, trust people around you, not all, but some are very good. Anwyay, those in pain, like me, like you, we have that "nose" to know who's good or not to be trusted.

Good luck.

Alexia.

2. DrivEthermissIon

DrivEthermissIon Banned Member

Miracles

Things like this are really beautiful gifts to the world and internet. Well done :hugtackles: Alexia.

3. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

Re: Miracles

Well done Alexia, it's good to hear that you are doing better. I've always thought that struggling is worth it because it makes you a stronger and better person, yet funnily enough I don't feel that way towards my own life. It's strange. Keep it up with the psychologist, he/she will most likely help you through what you are going through. My ex has BPD so I can understand how hard it can be for you, but your life is still worth the struggle, but you know that already.

Good luck to you,

Tobes

4. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

Thanks Chris :) :hugtackles:

Tobes, I passed by the feeling you have. There are steps backwards. But when you keep it up and fight for it, you make it. I know it won't be easy. Hard times happen. A lot for some. However, I know we can choose. Befriend if you want :cheekkiss: