struggling **poss trig**

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Vawny, Apr 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vawny

Vawny Member

I'm really struggling not to self harm at the moment. I have been trying to lose weight for my sisters upcoming wedding and although I follow all the rules and have kept to a very low calorie intake I'm just not losing any weight. I want to cut to punish myself but I have lasted so long not self harming...

I have been isolating myself and because of that I have found going out very difficult. As a result I don't have enough meds for the weekend. So things are about to get worse. I know I am doing this to myself and it's my fault but I almost want to cut just to release all this tension.

I don't know what to do for the best to survive this weekend.

2. Buggsy2008

Buggsy2008 Well-Known Member

:hug: come on here and talk to us. . it might help distract you from it.

3. Vawny

Vawny Member

Today was considerably worse. I spent half the day in bed and in tears, and when I did get up everything was so hard, just simple things. I had a chat with my mum and that helped a little. Really wanting to self harm, feeling very emotional and really cant imagine how I'm going to cope tomorrow alone. I need to go to my mental health team but I want to just do it you know, just get it out of my system and stop living in this purgatory. I am so messed up right now I don't know what to do for the best...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2009
  4. Buggsy2008

Buggsy2008 Well-Known Member

:hug:

How are you doing? All I can suggest if you don't want to do it is find ways to distract yourself. There's a list in one of the stickied threads at the top of the page, maybe print it off and work your way through it?

Or find your own ways to distract yourself. I'm not really the best person to give advice on how not to do it as i'm not trying to stop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.