struggling with addiction

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by _Lily_, Jul 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Lily_

_Lily_ Forum Buddy

Sorry we havent posted for a while we are struggling with drug and drink addiction
    we have been taking Valium for the wrong reasons and wanting to drink more and more we are 11 days clean at the moment but the cravens are bad
    we are going to AA and NA but we are not going to a meeting today as we are going out to see harry potter and the little ones are looking forward to it.

Going to go to one tomorrow.
    we are holding on by a thread we really want to use and drink right now .

2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Phone your sponsor/s just having a back up chat might be enough to get you thru.
    Going out is a good move, hopefully it will take your mind off of things.
  3. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

Hey bruised&broken,

I don't know what you think, but I think 11 days is a great start!

Keep up the good work trying to stay clean!

P.S. I watched the Harry Potter movie that just came out; I think your little ones and you all will enjoy it, or so I hope! :hugtackles:
  4. peacelovingguy

peacelovingguy Well-Known Member

Well done for staying clean - Valium is very addictive - but you do find it gets better with time.

Not a drug I bother with - although its there just in case any hallucinogenics come into the mix. It could help.

I use too many things to get addicted to the one!
  5. TJ

TJ Staff Alumni

from my experience of being clean and then relapsing , the best thing u could do for yourself is keeping your supports in place. as someone mentioned earlier ring u sponsor/s u will have a few numbers from people in the meetings uve gone to , ring those people they want to help u . and u have us here as well .. keep talking ... stay away from anything that may tempt u and do good stuff for yourself like going to movies etc ..

keep up the good work, Kia Kaha (be strong)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.