Struggling

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Hopelessinsalem, Nov 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hopelessinsalem

Hopelessinsalem Well-Known Member

Can't face my situation. I'm going through our medicine cabinet looking for a prescription drug I can od with. Too much to handle today. Trying to take things one day at a time but it's all too overwhelming today. I don't want to harm myself but I'm sure right on the edge

2. tiggersafire

tiggersafire Well-Known Member

Hi Salem, and welcome to SF! I hope you don't hurt yourself. What's got you so down today that you are close to hurting yourself? You don't have to tell me, but it might help.

3. Hopelessinsalem

Legal issue. Family extremely angry when I need support the most. Having great trouble facing all this

4. Hopelessinsalem

I've found a med, and grabbed the bottle three times now, only to put it back

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I am glad you put it back ok better yet throw it out throw it ok and call a crisis line someone to talk to that won't be angry at you that will give you the support you need right now ok
    i have often called the crisis line when i am so low hun it helps to hear a caring voice ok hugs

6. Hopelessinsalem

It's my wife's prescription. If I threw it out she'd just be more angry

7. Hopelessinsalem

I've called crisis line four times in last week already. Feel like a crybaby

8. tiggersafire

You are not a cry baby for calling crisis! If you need to talk to them, call them!

9. Hopelessinsalem

Thank you for your thoughts but I don't think I can continue. It's all too much to face. I'm losing everything-family, job, future. I'd hoped by this morning I'd feel better but not. It all just keeps piling up around me, like a giant pile of ...

10. Hopelessinsalem

Spent an hour this morning in the crisis line. God bless those people.

11. tiggersafire

Good for you for calling crisis, keep calling if you need them. If you need someone to listen you can always PM me.

12. Hopelessinsalem

Thank you. The past 24 hours were horrible, but I'm working my way through it.

You're a very compassionate person

13. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I hope that calling the crisis line and posting here will continue to help you. There's no shame in seeking help when you need it.

14. TheAce

TheAce New Member

I have been there too, Just keep your head up !

15. Hopelessinsalem

Thank you. I'm in a very difficult situation that I don't know how to handle, but the caring here and in the crisis line has been wonderful. I also started taking the Proxac my doctor gave me once again. I hated how it made me feel, so I quit after a week, and I think I crashed because of that too. I'm doing much better now, and while the future may be difficult, at this moment I feel like I may make it . 24 hours ago that wasn't the case. I was sitting in my car by the river trying to get the courage to jump in, and then started looking for meds and researching which ones might be possibilities. That urge is now diminished greatly, although I'm still pretty scared and worried. I'll stay around here any time those hopeless feelings return

16. Hopelessinsalem

Panicky and hopeless again this morning. I knew today would be difficult. Took the Prozac and hope that helps

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2013
  17. Hopelessinsalem

Finding myself researching meds again this morning. Don't see any good way out

18. mpang123

mpang123 Well-Known Member

When I get suicidal, I also look at meds to OD on. I've attempted so many times but I always survived with no internal damage. However, it's like playing Russian Roulette because what if you don't come out of your coma or end up a vegetable, and live through all that ordeal to find out how screwed up everything has become because of your attempt? You never know when it's too late to turn yourself around and what if you regret it? Nobody has come back to life after commiting suicide, or from any death to tell you if there is anything out there after you die. Not proven yet. So, please don't act on it because I want you to keep living. Let your death come at its own time, not yours.

19. tiggersafire

Thank you. I see you have been looking up meds again.. Please don't. Feel free to PM me if you don't feel like calling crisis, or if you need a more rapid method of talking you can send me a PM and I'll send you my skype name :)

20. Hopelessinsalem

Thank you. It's good to hear from others who know how this feels and have come out the other side.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.