Struggling

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Mvanessa, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Mvanessa

Mvanessa Active Member

Hi, I only posted once before out of fear. I am very depressed and running out of hope. I have severe medical conditions and no quality of life. I just dont see the point.

Brian777 likes this.
  2. Angelwhalo143

Angelwhalo143 Member

Hi Mvanessa.
    I too was a bit scared just two days ago when i got here. But i am so glad i came, and that I posted because it has helped me get through now almost day three.
    I know depression and i know its hard to hold on to hope when the body is trying to give up.

I don't know what your going through, but i know a few things about hope. Hope has a strengthening power, the mosre you find ways to hope the stronger it becomes. Hope can provide a level of healing, metaphysically, that can give comfort. And also that recently, two days ago, i thought I had no hope left to save myself from giving up. But, I wrote and posted and hoped that sommeone could help me find ground again, even if only for a moment. And I did.

Im new bbut I think this place seems safe and open, and has great people who feel like I feel or could relate without being pushy.
    I hope this gives you a little hope. What is going on and how can I try to help support you?

Brian777 likes this.
  3. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

Hi Vanessa, welcome to the forum. As Angelwhalo said its a pretty good place and we're safe :) don't be afraid to post, nobody will judge or lecture you, we basically just want to support you as best we can. Everyone here has been through and going through similar things, depression, anxiety, suicidal thoughts. You may want to share more about your condition and if you're recieving any treatment for it. Also there's a chat room here that's very friendly, feel free to talk there if you'd like. Take care
    Brian

bobbob likes this.
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi @Mvanessa and wlcome to SF. Would you like to elaborate about what is going on for you in your life? We will try and help as much as possible, there's no need to be scared here, this is a safe community (hugs)

5. Mvanessa

Mvanessa Active Member

I'm really on the edge right now. I have no trust in anyone

6. Angelwhalo143

Angelwhalo143 Member

Trust is a really hard thing. I know I struggle with that. When I do, I seem to get hurt. It takes time, new people, and learning to trust in little pieces.
    Hang in there, it will get better.

7. bobbob

bobbob Well-Known Member

Hi
    Im sorry u are struggling. I think you will find lots of support here to help get you through teh darkest times. I too have severe (and incurable) medical problems which have left me pretty depressed. At times I dont see the point. But I also think that I might be able to rebuild my life and find some kind of happiness despite these problems. I just dont know. But I think it is worth giving it a really good try and that means years. For me, I think I need to find a big project to help distract me from the illnesses and negative thoughts. Im not sure what that project is yet. Anyhow, sorry for rambling. Please come and chat in SF chat sometime if you get chance.
    kind regards

Brian777 likes this.
  8. ghostangelcake7

ghostangelcake7 Well-Known Member

I also have issues with trust...I have been burned and treated so inferior my whole life. My now ex-bf/partner has even belittled my trust towards him in some ways, and I am putting up a wall now towards people in general. I have been through too much to see much hope in letting people in, except here I feel like I can express myself and trust I won't get assaulted or verbally attacked by what I post but who knows? I just know that you're not alone. My quality of life is lacking completely right now. All I do is work, and will volunteer a few hours per week, and that's about it..just have to find loner activities otherwise.

Take care of your self.