Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Roly, Feb 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roly

Roly Member

im struggling to find the strength to keep on fighting.
    i mean what is the point, really? i just fight through one day to go ahead and fight through another. and iv been fighting for years now
    and i feel so damn alone in all of this
    im withdrawing and isolating myself...and the one person i could always turn to i cant anymore
    i just screw everything and everyone up. i cause so much hurt and pain
    and everyones got someone they can turn too, noone needs me
    im just struggling so much at the moment and noone can see it
  2. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

Hi Roly,

It's important to struggle on for the case of struggling on. I know it's not much, but its something. The feelings you have of hurting yourself are most likely caused by something outside of your self. Depression, general fatigue, melancholy, and ennui are byproducts of something foreign inside of you.

What's going on?

3. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Roly,
    Welcome to the forum!! I relate to you. I pushed all my friends away twenty years ago and have isolated my self for the last fifteen years. I mean isolate, I stay in my bedroom 24/7.. I have been in therapy for the last three years and this third year I have been able to see the progress I have made.
    Before therapy the only time I would come out of my room was for necessities and to either go to appointments or to go back in the hospital because of my suicidal ideations taking over. You have to grab ahold of anything positive that happens and hang on. you can build from there..I highly reccomend therapy. Sometimes you have to go thru a couple before you find one you can bond with. Then you have to give it time, things won't change over night it takes hard work with your therapist to make those chages..I wish you luck!!
  4. EmptyLife

EmptyLife Well-Known Member

I have been miserable for decades -- most of my life. I was first hospitalized in my teens. Dozens of medications. Some nice therapists. Nothing has helped. I know I have to help myself. Can't. Try to think positive, exercise, set goals, socialize, etc.. Doesn't help. So I am going to have to commit suicide too. I don't want to, but I can't take it anymore. And I can't find anyone like me on the Internet -- though I realize everyone feels that way. Everyone else says depression is temporary and can be relieved. I'm tired of hearing that hopeful lie. Nothing's worked for me. And the misery and inability to enjoy anything have been almost lifelong.
  5. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

hi roly. .. i am sorry you are struggling . . . it is a good thing that you reached out here though - it may help to talk about it - and we all understand and are going through, or have gone through, very similar circumstances.

pm me if you want to talk - i care what happens to you hun :console:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.