Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by _Lily_, Aug 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Lily_

_Lily_ Forum Buddy

I am really struggling with my eating am eating under 900 calories a day some times lower than that ...i have tried drinking the calories but i just purge it
    i cant eat any more than what i am eating i have seen a dr about but i cant get any help because my Body mass index is over 40 am obese I asked if i could see a nutritionist/ dietician they said that i couldnt because am over a set BMI and you have to be BMI 17 its that or be diabetic witch am not
    there is no other help avable for me so i just have to keep on doing this until am down to bmi 17 by then it could be too late for me to get help .

The las t time i told my dr about my eating she told me to walk more and that was it ( its obviously that am too fat to get help )
  2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

If you only eat 900 calories a day, then you'll probably not lose much weight, or end up gaining it back. There are healthier ways of losing weight---it might take longer but it will be worth it in the end.
  3. jamesonnk

jamesonnk Member

I am so sorry that the system is so screwed and they think you have to be emaciated to have an eating disorder. I've been where you are. I wish i could be of more help but you need to talk to someone. 1-800-931-2237 is a great hotline to call (it's american) monday through fridays 9-5. And you need to eat more sweetie. You're starving yourself and I know this is so awful but you need to force yourself to eat. Please please please take vitamins too. I know the hardest part is not to purge but you need to try your very hardest. Try to sleep as long as you can after eating. I'm so sorry i can't help more but I can guarantee you there is nothing wrong with being bigger. I know none of this helps but I believe in you. I believe in you and I am wishing the very best for you darling. I am here if you need to talk, anytime.
  4. _Lily_

_Lily_ Forum Buddy

Am trying to eat but i cant eat any more than what i am eating ...My body is screwed am taking vitamins when i remember to take them not every day because i forget about them
    I am in the uk so i cant call that number you gave me but thank you anyway

I feel frustrated by my dr and the system ,

my husband is worried about me and we fight about my eating a lot because i want to eat lower than 900 calories some times i don't want to eat at all...
    I know there are other ways to lose weight but i cant eat any more than what i am eating or ill end up purging
    I cant go on like this but i cant get any help i have no other choice except to wait it out until am a set BMI
  5. alison

alison Well-Known Member

That's awful, I'm sorry. I hate when treatment availability is weight-based. Eating disorders are mental illnesses and anorexia is not the only eating disorder. Could you maybe ask a different doctor what help is available? Maybe your one doctor is just misinformed?

I'm in the US, so maybe the policies are different, but I'm an overweight bulimic (bmi in upper 20s) and I've seen a nutritionist. I didn't like it so I didn't go back, but my therapist is working to get me into either an ED group or an ED partial hospitalization program (I'm not going to do either of these, but my point is that even though I am overweight, these ED treatments were allowed and offered to me). At least in the US under my insurance plan, having ANY eating disorder (not just anorexia..) qualifies you for nutritionist appointments.
  6. _Lily_

_Lily_ Forum Buddy

I could try another dr but i dont know if am ready for recovery...there is a lot of things that is making me want to keep going on doing this
    am losing weight maybe not in a healthy way but am still losing weight part of me don't really care if i go too far with it
  7. Medusa.

Medusa. Well-Known Member

Please keep reaching out for help and don't give up.
    The longer you have this disorder the harder it is to get better, I've been there where you really hit rock bottom I guess you call it, where not even losing weight matters, because that's not what an eating disoders about thats one of the symptoms. I don't want the same for you. You tell yourself, I'll just do it till I reach so and so weight, but when you get there, you go lower and lower, its not good enough, the eating disorder never lets you feel like you're good enough.
    You know what though you ARE good enough. Please if you can don't let this take over your life.
    I'm here if you want to talk. Be safe.
  8. _Lily_

_Lily_ Forum Buddy

yesterday i only ate 500 calories husband tried to get me to eat more but i couldn't , feels like am pressured into eating and its triggering
    So far today i have had breakfast 293 calories ...its after lunch time and all i want is an apple husband will want me to eat more than that but i just cant eat anything else...
    Need to go out for a walk as well need to burn what i have ate asap
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.