Stubble face

Discussion in 'Self Care and Healthy Lifestyles' started by Hache, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Hache

Hache Well-Known Member

I am attempting to grow a stubble beard but i've never done this before.

So far after a few days I just have a lot on my neck and in a goatee shape on my face :laugh:

It isn't really growing at a good rate on my cheeks, I can feel something on there but when I look closely in the mirror I can only see a few hairs.

How long do you think it will take, i'm going to start looking stupid soon.

Also how do you maintain it? My goatee area is going to be too much in a couple of days.

2. Stripe

Stripe Well-Known Member

Wish I could help you but at 25 years old I am still in the same situation.

I can grow a goatee beard and an epic moustache but otherwise my cheeks and jaw line have only little crop circles of sporadic hair growth that make me look ridiculous.

Until I can grow facial hair in a sensible fashion I'm just going to stay clean shaven. (when I can be arsed to shave anyway :laugh: )

3. Hache

Hache Well-Known Member

lol, yeh I decided to shave off what I had so far, it looked stupid, just too much in one place :( Nevermind.

4. GreySand

GreySand Member & Antiquities Friend

I can remember when it was called Designer Stubble, which I have had for over 20 years.. :)

5. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

I run a hair clipper at the lowest setting over my face once a week. Haven't been able to do a razor since I took a round of Accutane for nodular acne as a teenager. Permanent dry skin side effect, light sensitivity too. It did nuke the acne though, I suppose that breaks it even. Anyway, razors give me a rash so I stumbled into the permanent stubble look by circumstance.

6. gloomy

gloomy Account Closed

Much of it depends on your age and ethnicity.

I didn't get the full beard until I was well into my 20s… and for a lot of my 20s the mustache was this nasty mix of blond and brown. But after I hit 24 it was all good and I could do the full beard without it looking too disgusting… you just have to keep growing it out and cutting it.